1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Totally outrageous Audi rip off

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by JohnboyC, Sep 9, 2007.

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

I was seriously considering put chrome door mirrors on my 2003 2.5TDi Avant Quattro Sport, but its posts like this that have now put me off....

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44336

I would not even bother putting the cheaper ones from Fleabay on my motor.....just in case it makes my motor stick out from the crowd a little too much ........

Can someone please explain why Audi charge well over £250 for two door mirrors simply because they are "chromed".....totally takes the P*ss .....and therefore makes them even more sought after by the low life in society....

2. jase0851

jase0851 Member

they arnt just chromed i think they are polished solid aluminium like the b5 s4 and rs4 mirrors thats why they cost more aluminium will always be more expensive than plastic

3. pedro61163

pedro61163 Active Member

got genuine alloy ones from ebay germany for £140 last year

4. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Just because someones got Nicked shouldnt put you off.
    If its going to happen, it will. Invest in a little CCTV or even a dummy camera just to try and put them off. Like I say though, If they want them then they will have them. Especially if they are getting a quick score for them the bloody crack heads!!

5. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Hey Pedro61163 - what are the proper part numbers for the brushed aluminium door mirrors ?

£140 from E-Bay Germany sounds REALLY good to me :)

6. bubstar

bubstar Member

The B5 S4, S3 and early factory B6 S4's are solid alloy but you can't buy them. The aftersales covers are plated plastic and indeed cost crica £125 each. However the quailty is fantastic.

I picked mine up a week before the car and they're still perfect after 3 years.

[​IMG]

BUB :)