1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total waste of a day working on the car...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ZAS, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Sevv

Sevv Pushing the limits..

[Jul 5, 2012]
    you do know Zas that they ship to the UK yeah ? i think you'll need the one for the oil filter and the cam breather its two adapters if not mistaken
  2. Sam_

Sam_ Down under

[Jul 5, 2012]
    Sorry Sevv, realised I didn't reply this morning. Yeah, Repco probably would, or Super Cheap Auto. I got mine from Auto one.
  3. ZAS

ZAS Member

[Jul 5, 2012]
    I'm in Darkest Africa, so the exchange rate (or lack of one) works against me, but I'll do the maths and see what the story is.

Currently the car's in the garage at home while I wait for all my goodies, think it's a good idea to cover up the turbo inlet? I was thinking it may just be a clever idea to put something over it to make sure nothing gets in there...
  4. Sevv

Sevv Pushing the limits..

[Jul 5, 2012]
    yeah mate.. if the car isnt being driven take the battery out but get the radio code first na dcover the wheel/ brakes so they dont rust...

by the way Zas if you look at Sam's thread he has the setup we have been wanting to do on our S3's its on page 3. it looks pretty nifty
  5. ZAS

ZAS Member

[Jul 5, 2012]
    Thanks dude, will take a look. Nice, sunny winter's day here so I think some backyarding is in order. :)
  6. ZAS

ZAS Member

[Aug 18, 2012]
    So my saga continues...

My 034 Motorsport parts arrived in the post yesterday, so I've started getting the engine bay prepped for all the new arrivals. Anyway, was taking the charge pipe off and noticed a weird, dark looking line on the exhaust manifold which, upon closer inspection, is a nice big crack. :crying:

Any recommendations for a decent replacement?

I also noticed the front left driveshaft's boot is broken, so I hope there's nothing lurking there...

Jb