1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total twat on ebay

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by dubhyper, Oct 5, 2006.

1. dubhyper

dubhyper Illegally Street

I sold this item on ebay a couple of days ago.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....70032752635&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESO:IT&rd=1
    now the idiot who bought it claims i sold him a demo product..
    which it isnt. its an education package...as in the f'in title you twat....(
    sorry me venting..somewill allready recongise this trate from presvious posts). anyway he wants me to refund him and take the software back. and i dont offer returns in the first place....there nothing wrong with the item....he just didnt f'in rread the auction listing properly.
    anyway...hope hes not a member of audi-sport,,,absolutlely kill me if he is:wtf: :asskicking:
  2. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

Id say your add isnt too clear, also the guy has a good feedback record so i guess he isnt an awkward customer offer him a refund and give the next highest bidder a second chance offer.
  3. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

yup i dont think your advert is clear,

i would have thought it a full working pakage
  4. dubhyper

what is it that is unclear. Its in the title and the discription Logic education. and discription even give version. plus i listed all features in a question and on the box. surely if people had any questions they should have been asked before bidding....also i cant give any more info for it than is provided by the company that make it...
    how can it be unclear.
    it has the software name, the company that make it, the version , and details of the software features, even a picture of what is being sold physically...
    i dont see whats unclear..really i dont.,
    im genuinely after feedback on this guys so im all ears:hi:
  5. ManicMunky

ManicMunky Member

seems perfectly fine to me!
  6. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I don't think you did wrong mate, as for the refund, he can forget it, you are bidding to buy, not have a look! We all know the rules, I'm sure somewhere along the lines, you've bought something wrong before, he's not the first one and certainly won't be the last!
  7. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

I noticed you haven't left any feedback, good job. If he gives you a negative, then leave him a negative.

As you said, no refunds, your not Tesco's at the end of the day.

Just leave your feedback empty and open, just incase he red marks you.
  8. dubhyper

well, i have offered a full refund, on the basis that he returns the software to me first. I have never had anyone return anything in the 4,1/2 years of trading on ebay. I dont think i need to refund. It is his mistake - but its only pocket change & having had a good nights sleep, im not so bothered. it can be relisted or offer a second chance as people have said allready. Still.. there is a lesson to be learnt here.... Not quite sure what that is though...LMAO..
    cheers peeps///happy damn friday
  9. ManicMunky

ManicMunky Member

the lesson is:

People are idiots.

:)
  10. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

This is where you get a positive feedback 'Excellent ebayer, would deal with again :blahblah1: :blahblah1: A+++' :moa:
  11. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

Ask him which football team he supports, If you like his team refund him, if its man.u. ignore him. If its millwall refund him before he comes around and beats your brains out.
  12. dubhyper

LMAO...so funny .. yet so true if i asked...
    ... not bitter so ill leave him feedback..no way glowing or what have you. and certianly not before he leaves mine. thats almost playing russain roulette with a full loaded gun and playing first, right i is going :drag: and :undwech: :blackrs4: . cheers again guys ...youve all been a great help in oneway or another :respekt:
  13. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

Are you going to return the money? TBH Your advert described exactly what the item was. ok you said cheap legal copy which some people may mis-read but end of the day if someone is not sure then they should contact you prior to bidding.

I would maybe offer the guy a refund on return on the goods just to make sure you keep your 100% feedback intact.
  14. benw123

benw123 Moderator

The best advice I would offer after a few years of selling things on eBay is to really go to town on the listing.

Whilst your listing in this case explains what's on offer, you could easily expand on the content to talk about what the software is (I've not heard of it before), the product history perhaps and what it includes, links to manufacturer or aftermarket websites etc. Then draw out more detail on the condition - for example, I can see from the second photo that a minimum of 256MB of RAM is required. Buyers might not spot this but the required spec makes good content.

It might seem tedious and over-the-top to do all this, but with more content you build more trust and, I believe, make more money.