Total noob wanting advice :-)

jdas03

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am totally new to all this and very inexperienced as far as detailing goes...
I want the car to look really good, i have a 2001 Audi S3 in ebony black perl paint i think they call it!

Any way i know alot of you guys buy very expensive stuff from reading the posts and get some amazing results...
I am on a somewhat more limited budget.

I have the whole day tomorrow to work on the car and i was looking at visiting halfrauds (i know not the best place - but its local) tomorrow for some kit, i have brand new shami's sponges and some nice car shampoo i got from a Volvo garage also a superguard kit i got for christmas containing: shampoo, bird lime neutraliser, scuff remover, and a some wheel cleaner - not sure if this stuff is good or complete garbage?!

It all seems to make the car shiny after a couple of hours at work but i want something better having seen results on here!

What i am after is any recommended kit either cleaning products or brushes etc - please guide me to get some reasonable results :)

Apologies for the lack of knowledge but i'm here for any expert advice you have :)

Thanks in advance :)

first of all get rid of the chamois(shammys) and the sponges. get yourself a nice lambs wool wash mitt and a micro fibre drying towel to minimise the results of swirls when washing the car. use the 2 bucket method.

dont bother wasting your money at halfrauds mate and get on CYC(clean your car.co.uk) and browse the brands and products on there. imo i would get Poor boys Black hole for your car as this will give a deeper gloss after the wash stage. pretty much you will need about £50 worth of products and a good routine and the car will look good as ever in a few months if you do it properly. get some collonite 915 for the wax as this gives some real good protection through the colder wetter months.

trust me when i say detailing is a bug and its what i spend most of my money on well apart from the S4 lol so just read up on lots of info and then you will soon be able to master the art of car cleaning.
www.cleanyourcar.co.uk get on there and look for some products and also get on the forum for advice from the lads.