1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total height of Q7 with tailgate at maximum opening height

Discussion in 'Q3, RSQ3 Q5, SQ5 & Q7 Forum' started by Stuhil, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Stuhil

Stuhil Member

Hi Q7'ers... As per the title. I have an A4 Avant at the moment however considering a Q7 in the next 18 months / 2 years. I pose the question as I'm presently self building a new home with detached garage and I'm now at the stage of fitting the garage door lintels. I have planning consent to have a clear head height of 13 blocks however I feel this is a bit high therefore I'm considering leaving it at 11 blocks which gives a clear height of 2500mm. The bricklayer tells me that the standard garage is only 10 blocks high. If I knew the height of a Q7 with the tailgate open at its full height this would aid my decision. Anyone willing to oblige with their measuring tape?

many thanks

S

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NickW_UK

NickW_UK New Member

Giving you a quick reply, I'd say it was around 2200mm in height. But you can set different heights with the closing button. Manually set the boot height then hold the button for 4 seconds and it sets that height. Suppose it's handy for little people!