1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torrey Canyon

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Tom_B, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Tom_B

Tom_B Member

As somebody memorably posted the A4 tdi v6 can leak oil, and my dear example has really started to lose some serious oil. Oil hits the ground from the right hand side towards the front (facing forwards). Are there any views on typical causes for this engine?
  2. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

Leaks from the rocker cover injector seals can really give grief. Check around the injectors, any oil there means you'll need to change the entire cover, or try to put sealant around the injector.

Adamss24 is the 2.5 man, hopefully he'll give you better gen.
  3. Tom_B

Tom_B Member

Feeling a bit daft Paul - I finally added up the fact that the engine oil didn't drop week by week and checked the power steering oil level which was nearly empty. Must be a leak on the power steering somewhere. I will have a look for clues on past posts on the forum. Btw injectors all dry.
  4. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

I've had a couple of power steering leaks.

One was where the metal cooler pipe goes into the flexible pipe, and then later, where the metal cooler pipe had rubbed through.

It was a bit of a bugger to find due to the limited access.

You'll know when you are low on fluid, as the pump groans. Make sure you only use the green stuff to top up.