Topran oil pump Review

Topran stuff is pretty good oe replacement stuff. I've got an oil pump and sump from them. Not run the engine long so can't really comment on reliability

I have one currently and have used one in my previous engine... They appear to be ok although I am changing mine to an oe one shortly purely to retire mine since I hit over 10,000 rpm during the gear change incident...

Oe pump is around £150 for reference

<tuffty/>

I've heard that Topran is generally pretty much crap. I don't know about oil pumps though, but haven't heard anything good ever about Topran.

I've just fitted a Topran Oil pump from Eurocarparts. I was getting the dreaded beeping low pressure warning light with my original pump, so replaced the pump and all is fixed. No more warning light! Watch this space i guess. 500 miles with it on so far and no issues.

I have to say that's pretty cheap for all those parts as a kit. blimey 61 squid delivered.

You heard the saying....when something sounds too good...
...just saying, I have never even heard of them. Curious of others experiences with them whether it was a short experience or a long.

With Topran pretty much you get what you pay for.

I've learnt the hard way and you should never cheap out on the engine parts.

If it's your own efforts involved in fitting these parts you probably don't mind taking a chance as you can simply do it again in a year if it fails. If your paying someone else to fit...then do you really want to take the 'false economy' chance?

I've used my topran oil pump for the last 1 1/2 years since my engine build running quite good power. Not had any blips yet fingers crossed