Top up oil

brandona4

Reaction score
Thinkin' about checking my oil levels at the weekend. If it needs topping up (6700m) what oil should i use???

it's a 3.2 BTW

Didn't get this on mine either.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yeah I got one too.....

Sounds like some of the dealers are making a little more money than they should again eh?

None here either. 2.0 TDi Sportback S-Line new. Time for a poll to see how many got one and how many didn't?

Mine's petrol and had one, so definitely not just for diesels. The demo I tried had one too.

I got some too - A3 tdi doesn't seem to use half as much oil as the B6 A4 though - mind you I'm ******** if I can read the dipstick in the A3 - oil seems to remain clear and doesn't show on perhaps the worst designed dipstick ever - perhaps it's me that's the dipstick mind...

[ QUOTE ]
I got some too - A3 tdi doesn't seem to use half as much oil as the B6 A4 though - mind you I'm ******** if I can read the dipstick in the A3 - oil seems to remain clear and doesn't show on perhaps the worst designed dipstick ever - perhaps it's me that's the dipstick mind...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a truly awfully designed dipstick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

got one with my TDi, just cant find anywhere selling the shell oil.
Nice little funnels though, you should get them with every bottle of oil.

but getting back to my original question... which oil do i use to top up a 3.2?

I didn't get a bag with my car either,although I did get the oil.

There are loads of the bags on ebay.
I wonder how they got there.

Waste of money like.
I bought one and does it stick to the side of the boot,like it should ?

Does it f.....

The missus is going to sew my bag to the boot of the car.

That'll teach me to call her chubby.

I got the oil but not the velcro bag. Kept one from my last Audi though and one from Golf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Only time mine come off is if they get hit by something heavy in the boot.

[ QUOTE ]
but getting back to my original question... which oil do i use to top up a 3.2?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's in the manual.

[ QUOTE ]
The only time it comes off is when something else swipes it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine's not come off so far. Better make sure the top is tightly screwed on then ...

[ QUOTE ]
You mean you didn't get the Audi faux leather bag with the velcro on the back and the little funnel, gloves and litre of oil???

Might be an AVS thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats AVS? you mean Variable servicing? I thought all new audis were automatically on AVS unless you didn't use an audi dealers to do the work?

Anyway, whoever didn't get a top up bag, ask for it!!! Mine was on the delivery check list, The delivery driver handed it to me with the keys / paperwork etc.

Got one with my last A4 and they even gave me new funnels and gloves at the 1st service! (was a diesel thought, so needed it) Done 13,500 miles now and A3 oil level hasn't dropped one mm. Got moths in the top up bag!!