1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Tip for Better Fuel Consumption!!!

Sulli Sep 17, 2011

1. Sulli

Sulli Member

I have been monitoring my fuel consumption via the computer for my daily commute, that is virtually exactly the same every day, and I end up with average fuel consumption over 15 miles of around 27mpg.

The other day I got the yellow low oil warning come up. I passed an Audi dealer later so popped in and got a litre top up (£17, robbing bar stewards) and stuck the whole lot in. Oil level now right to the top line - cool. Ended up getting between 1 and 2 mpg better on average since op up. No change in driving style or anything - how weird is that? I would have expected the opposite possibly. Anyway, I'm not complainng :)

2. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

My tip is not to use my car.. I use the wifes 1.4 16V £10 get's me to work all week in her car

3. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

as above dont drive it
    best way to save

4. Sulli69

Sulli69 New Member

LOL, I asked for that.
    Honestly I do use the 350+BHP - several scalps already. The rest of the time I just cruise...

5. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

A load of us went to AIP in last month from wales and in the pub at the hotel we were all bosting about our MPG and Not out MPH. I averaged 40.1 at 65 mph for 3.5 hours..

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

It's catching..... my last tankful averaged 37.6 mpg .....

7. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

my tip is use the company mondeo during the week and mine the weekends i use £15 a week. lol

8. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

average on mine is around 43 (combined) but went down to silverstone the other week sat on the motorway at 65 mph returned 54 mpg

9. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

but saying that i hardly use the car anyway as i have a 140 bhp caddy van for work