Top Gear's Back!!

This is great news Nilz. I was at top gear live on Sunday, had a great time, now got the series to look forward to. :) x

It is very predictable, but that does add to the fun, i think its the stupidity of the things they do that make is such a good program.

Sandra, I went to it last year after bagging some corporate tickets, really enjoyed it - especially the live arena, that was great!!!

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks Nilz.. I seen a quick spoiler on TV saying it be back soon, :racer: but it didn’t give a date, so nice one! :icon_thumright:

There at Shelsey Walsh hill climb on Sundays episode I believe, which is just down the road from me in worcester.

If you have the time to watch father brown on BBC one on weekday afternoons it was on there the other week too!

Let's hope they've mixed the recipe up a bit this time round Ss it was getting a touch predictable / tired (although still a good bit better than the other crap on TV on a Sunday night).

Been a real drought of decent car tv lately; ended up watching Wheeler Dealer re-runs as I've watched the Top Gear Dave re-runs so often I can pre-empt the dialogue.

Reactions: Sandra
Let's hope they've mixed the recipe up a bit this time round Ss it was getting a touch predictable / tired (although still a good bit better than the other crap on TV on a Sunday night).

Been a real drought of decent car tv lately; ended up watching Wheeler Dealer re-runs as I've watched the Top Gear Dave re-runs so often I can pre-empt the dialogue.

Warren did you catch Guy Martin in speed, its a must view. :) x

Reactions: Andy1608, DAYTONA 500, markos72 and 1 other person
Have it on a full planner of stuff to watch. Mrs C has been recording stuff for me whilst I've been out of action so I will be watching those next week (or so). Good call.

Reactions: Ghost and Sandra
There driving old police cars round wales avoiding the army I think the article said and there at shelsely Walsh

25 mins to wait

Hopefully be good viewing and good start to the new series. :) x

There driving old police cars round wales avoiding the army I think the article said and there at shelsely Walsh

25 mins to wait

Hmmm, so they've driven a Range Rover Sport round wasteland to avoid a tank, then thrashed a drug dealers Evo round the tank training ground in Sussex, then May tried the new Range against an American off road / behemoth in a few episodes back.....

I'm getting a distinct sense of déjà vu here!

Just abit, I'm on bbc 2 ready and waiting just waiting for flog it to get lost of my 50"

"The motoring magazine returns. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May attempt to prove that the hot hatchbacks of their youth were better than their modern equivalents by buying a 'classic' example of the breed each and then undertaking a series of challenges.

After tackling a tricky hillclimb course and an unusual visit to the supermarket, the three arrive at an old army training ground in Wales where their ageing cars must evade the heavily armed and heavily moustachioed Top Gear Police Department.

Plus, Downton Abbey's Hugh Bonneville is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car."

Reactions: Sandra and warren_S5
Okay-ish. My only criticism is that in an industry that has lots of new products launching and could do with a bit of help to inform people about cars (with a bit of humour thrown in for good measure) all you end up with is arsing about. The days of beautifully shot car reviews are long gone (thinks of the B8 RS4 test on mountain roads vs. rock climber Leo Houlding). It's reasonable entertainment, but I love cars AND arsing about, and it's a shame they don't dedicate just a slice of time to doing an 'inventive ' (not clinical) test for car enthusiasts as we have enough light entertainment shows on TV as it is.

Reactions: Tuddie and s3dave
I love the show and was in stitches, obviously Hammond in a supermarket is setup but I couldn't help but laugh at sliding the nova through the finish on its side

Reactions: Andy Crooks
Utter ****e! I only watch in the hope it might get better but sadly it seems as though its getting worse! ill still keep watching though its the only thing on on a Sunday night that interests me.

I may stop watching this program. I just keep thinking that my licence money is paying for them to smash up cars , tour the world and generally **** about. Theres not a lot of things that are suprising these days on this program.
There seem to be less and less episodes every series it's down to 7 now. After 21 years they have got to be struggling to find new stuff to do and climbing out of the window and across the roof was to me a really stupid thing to do.
If somebody dies / is seriously hurt in the next few months doing a similar thing it will come right back to them and the BBC.

Not as good as it used to be in terms of a 'car show', however for pure stupidity and comedy factor, there were a few laugh out loud moments for me (im easily amused) :)

Reactions: kwistof
Slightly underwhelmed if I'm honest.Few funny moments but yeah would like to see some more car reviews too a la the rs4 which was mentioned earlier.

Reactions: warren_S5
Not as good as it used to be in terms of a 'car show', however for pure stupidity and comedy factor, there were a few laugh out loud moments for me (im easily amused) :)

I think it was the era you were brought up in and what you got upto in those years....I too found the antics at the airfield and supermarket pretty funny. May have had the odd tray or two under the back wheels of my FWD back in the day which may have played apart of my enjoyment :)

They could leave out the MOD vehicles and shoddy pyrotechnics though - save that money and spend it on a real comparison.

I suppose they are trying to open up to the masses by pulling stupid manoeuvres so they can gain the largest audience....more audience = more money and they are a business/production company at the end of the day.

If I want my 'fix' of real driving reviews and motoring journalism then I'll stick to YouTube channels such as Drive.

Reactions: Nilz
I think it defo is an age thing, especially reminiscing about the cars that they used too!!

Glad top gear is back on however I use to love it more when it had a natural funny flow to the show.
Now it's like they have to set up scenes to make it humorous, they make a naturally funny trio anyway so get rid of the set up fake scenes.

Caught up with it on iplayer. What a crock of ****e

I thought it was awful. Had so much potential with that episode to be a great one, 80's hot hatches, that's what I love, but totally ruined. Trying too hard to be funny and just a big load of rubbish really

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
It definitely wasn't the best episode i've seen but I have to say I enjoyed it.

I do agree though that it could be massively improved considering its target market. The scripted material is a bit over the top sometimes, the show doesn't need it.

Still, i'm looking forward to the next episode.

I hope tonights episode is better than last weeks.

I think the whole comedy act is crap. They are too old to be acting like kids & the whole act its self is getting old...

Give me 5th gear any day of the week.

That alfa romeo 4c is stunning

What is it Top Gear love about Alfa Romeo? Not for me...

What do you think of its girth Sandra? x

Reactions: S3quatt