Top Gear Video: A8 from London - Edinburgh and back

Road Razor

Reaction score
This is quite an oldish video but on Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson drove the A8 4.0TDI from London to Edinburgh and back on just one tank. If you haven't seen the video here it is:

http://www.audivideos.com/Videos/Reviews-Videos/Rev-Audi_A8_800_Miles_One_Tank.mov

I liked that phrase he used "I am absolutely lost for words. That is one astonishing car!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

http://www.audivideos.com/
NB: new videos are added montly.

You might also want to check out the rest of the videos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Speaking of TG I heard that the new B7 RS4 will be on BBC2 on November 20, 2005. Don't miss it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am inclined to agree.. I approve of a 4.0 twin turbo V8.. Diesel by all means... but to do 800miles at LESS than 1200rpm proves what exactly?

I think I would have been more intersted in an approach that says, wow this is a big comfy car, but with masses of torque and can do 0-60 in 6 seconds ish - but during the normal routine motorway miles where you are cruising through no choice it manages to give a respectable economy, much better than the equivalent petrol would.. to me thats a good compromise, and relevant, given the likely high-mileage cruising types typically likely to buy such a big car.
To show such an extreme test of a single attribute is as meaningless to everyday driving as the 0 to 150 times of a Ferrari Enzo.. interesting to know if you had one, but thats all

just my 2p worth!

[ QUOTE ]
but to do 800miles at LESS than 1200rpm proves what exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe nothing, but it did provide some quality viewing.

yes, in daily use it would be a different story when your sitting in traffic or bunched up in traffic.

I think he was just trying to make a pretty mundane subject like fuel economy interesting, and he succeeded IMO.

Just goes to show Audi make probably the best diesel engines in the world