TOP GEAR REMINDER

and its class, as ever..!

the tomcat looked fun!

Anyone else think that the Jag looks kack?

Looks as if they nicked the head lamps from a Hyundai Coupe, & the noise it made sounded somewhat like a raspy wet fart into a baked bean can.

The road they used for the Jag test is the Hawes to Ingleton road that runs past the eastern slope of Whernside and through Ribblehead (hence the shorts of the viaduct. One of my very favourite corners of the world.

Good show...i forgot to set my recorder up for extended time and it cut just short of me hearing what the Stigs time was in the Liana....so what was it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

1.44:4, just ahead of Nigel Mansell, & the fastest ever.

Stig didn't wait to find out, though. He just sloped off while Clarkson was stringing it along.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think that the Jag looks kack?

Looks as if they nicked the head lamps from a Hyundai Coupe, & the noise it made sounded somewhat like a raspy wet fart into a baked bean can.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah didn't like its looks, did like the noise but it sounded like my 20 year old carb driven v8 not a new refined engine as i would expect in a new jag

and the spoiler issue is a amazing , well jag do have bigger problems right now

corvette was a torque factory as expected , handled itself very well even with that torque, 60k i would normally say is too much for muscle car but theres some attention to weight and handling not been on a yank car before , still it is just too brutal with the torque for accurate driving i wreckon

overal an entertaining episode as ever, they really were crap at DJ'ing though

I would have thought that they all had a stint on the radio in the past?
Loved Clarkson giving the van driver stick for causing the traffic jams.
And why do the beeps go off at the end instead of half way through a jet wash?

the front end of that Jag looked like an old 80's MGF, really nasty. Like anyone would have it over a V8 Vantage???

It reminds me of a basking shark !

bigmouth.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
I would have thought that they all had a stint on the radio in the past?

[/ QUOTE ]

Richard Hammond came into TV through the local radio route, but JC & Captain Slow are journalists first.

I think their respective backgrounds give a clue as to why TG is so much better than 5th Gear. All three of its presenters are first and foremost journalists and/or media professionals (who are also car enthusiasts) , whereas 5th Gear's presenters are predominantly racing drivers who have come to TV presenting as a second career.

It really shows in the imagination & creativity that goes into TG.

Exactly - like JC comment on the Jags exhaust, "normally its as quiet as a mountain, press the peddle and it becomes volcanic."

[ QUOTE ]
I think their respective backgrounds give a clue as to why TG is so much better than 5th Gear. All three of its presenters are first and foremost journalists and/or media professionals (who are also car enthusiasts) , whereas 5th Gear's presenters are predominantly racing drivers who have come to TV presenting as a second career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget VBH! She started as a Max Power 'journalist', heh heh heh.

The guy getting well angry when he was chinned about the cricket was hillarious.

Still dont think the jag looks that great. No body else think it sounded crap?

wasnt that impressed either with the Jaguar. Cricket guy wasnt amused at ALL - glad he never spoke to me like that ESPECIALLY regarding Cricket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif