1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gear is back!

lil_coz Jun 17, 2009

1. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Hey guys and girls. For those that dont know, Top Gear will be back on our tellies this Sunday at 8pm.

Over on the TG website they've been releasing teaser details on what will be on this series and one announced today is that Ken Block will be on there doing a piece! Now that should be gooooood! :jump:

2. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

was watching 5th gear monday and was only thinking when TG was back on lol

3. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Saw this and already got it set on the planner :)

4. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Good lad! lol :respekt:

5. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Sweet, chance for me to tell anyone I'm near when I'm watching it what a tw&t I think JC is!!.

Bloody entertaining show though...added to my planner too :)

6. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

LOVE TOP GEAR CANT WAIT CHEERS FOR THE INFO...

7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Yeah, looking forward to this! :cool:

8. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Nice, love top gear.

Bit harsh tom haha.

9. Neilybabs

Neilybabs New Member

lol same here, was sooo s**t it's untrue, what a let down huh

10. Mr Cooper

Mr Cooper Audi vs. MINI

A few details of what's on...

It starts with an extraordinary race as Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May set out to discover what Top Gear might have been like 60 years ago. To this end, James grabs himself a gorgeous old Jaguar XK120 sports car while Richard chooses to torture himself on the brutal but rather fantastically named Vincent Black Shadow motorbike. Meanwhile, in an almost unprecedented move, Jeremy decides to take the train. But not just any old train; he's on the footplate of the Tornado, a brand new steam train built to the original blueprints used to create some of Britain's finest locomotives back in the heyday of the railways.

Despite being old and a bit fat, Jeremy has to feed the boiler with a constant supply of coal, without which the whole train will grind to a halt. The challenge behind this race was simple - the first one to get from London to Edinburgh would be the winner - but what happens along the way adds up to one of Top Gear's most incredible and most epic races to date.

11. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

Got the series link in place :)

I like JC, he makes the show, have to except him for what he is...

Top Gear rocks...:)

12. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Clarkson says that Stig is taking his helmet off tomorrow night and "finally shows the world his face"! Could this be true?!

13. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

And talks!

14. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Surely they can't? Stiggy will then lose his appeal! They'll probably have some random person take off a helmet and then the real Stig will walk through.... At least I hope so anyway lol

Unless this is the last series they'll do which is why they'll reveal who it is? But then again I'd assume they'll leave it till the last episode.. hmmmm :think:

15. benw123

benw123 Moderator

16. Mr Cooper

Mr Cooper Audi vs. MINI

Could tell you who the Stig is if you want...my girlfriend works in insurance and covers motorsport and she found out who he was...

17. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

isn`t there 3 stigs , he will remove his helmet and have a mask on probally.

18. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yussssssssss

19. Mr Cooper

Mr Cooper Audi vs. MINI

Don't know, they'll probably do somethings daft like that. Knowing my gf though, when it comes to car related things she says it once and then it is never remembered again, she'll have to ask at work but by then it'd be too late - i'm interested to know if she/we're right though.

20. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I prefer it to be not known, the stig is THE STIG, revealing the identity kinds of defeats the point of the stig...

21. speedfreek

speedfreek Member

Oh you absolute legends! I hadn't noticed at all!

22. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

I could tell you who 2 of the Stigs are.... but its not the point. There's always that element of 'Is it or isn't it?'.

What jojo said is true. They're bound to have something lined up. We'll find out tonight I guess!

23. Staz

I just told my girlfriend that he takes off his helmet and she said maybe there'll be another helmet! lol

24. Matt

Matt Active Member

Its Ben Collins isn't it?

25. Staz

26. 10blazin

yeah high lights did look great , and the veyron race does look good

27. colintdi

colintdi Member

Ggggrrr I missed it and forgot to recored it, have to wait till friday now!!!

28. Matt

Matt Active Member

Its not Schumacher. He was only there to drive his Ferrari FXX round the track...

29. 10blazin

how do you know this mate ...just wondering

i know there was seperate names at the end credits and makka used to drive for ferrarri is this why .......

30. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Wow....I know this is a sad admission, but I loved that A1 Pacific Steam Engine.....wonderful bit of engineering...and built from scratch from drawings found in a skip ! Fantastic.....and I reckon it would have won if it was not slowed down by the local communter trains in Scotland...ho hum...

The XK120 - beautiful car too !

Vincent Black Shadow.....Don't think I would consider driving something that age 400 miles...but it was funny !

31. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

No way was it him!!!

As already mentioned, he was only there to drive the FXX round the track.

Cant wait to see Ken Block on there and that race with the Veyron, that will be immense!!

They are a bit stoooopid tho aint they ;)

32. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

he will have only been there to drive that car.think he takes high profile guests out at some f1 races for a blast in it. i could see it being damon hill but no way is schumacher the stig.

33. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Didn't think they'd reveal the real Stig. Was a good interview though I thought! Shame he's not allowed to drive the Liana. Would have been interesting to see what lap time he would have posted.

Bugatti vs McLaren F1 race is next week. Should be good! :jump:

34. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

yep, he's not the usual stig....he was just there to drive his car. Nice touch though :)

There's loads of Stigs, various drivers from all over the place.

T

35. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I can't believe the FXX knocked 7 secs off the lap time!

36. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

An FXX plus the worlds most successfull F1 driver.

37. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Even I know Schimi isn't the Stig, but if ever there was going to be a racing driver who was going to be the Stig, Michael Schumacher isn't a bad choice is it? :racer:

38. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

his is the only black fxx, the fxx should be disqualified according to tg rules for the track cars. Then hes suppose to have got lost on the track when the stig sets the std time on the track. Just a load of old toss imo. Shuey vs the stig then the stig would probally lose by 2 or more secs anyhow so unfair lap time. bit dissapointing tbh

39. Wizza

Wizza Member

I creamed my pants when I heard the noise from the FXX. The Carbon Fibre Pagani was just as nice aswell from a few seaons back.

40. evilbow

evilbow Member

What a loada pish. It's Ben Collins. Obviously Ferrari didn't trust anyone else but Schumacher to drive the FXX round the track so TG thought they'd try and feed us this BS that he's the Stig:moa: