Top boost pipe, forge fmsh159

J Eyo

Polo GTI (6) R
Reaction score
Hiya guys,

Got my fmic pipe work installed, the drivers side 63mm aluminium pipe pretty much sitting directly where the stock intercooler used to sit.

I have managed to make a universal 63mm aluminium box of assorted pipes and joiners fit pppeeerfectly, (purely by luck) The only little section I can't firkin make work is this final drivers side to charge pipe connection.

What Im wanting to know is;

The forge fmsh159......

http://www.ttstuff.com/mm5/merchant...ode=TS&Product_Code=FMSH159-RD&Category_Code=

......the charge pipe end will fit fine, but will the other end fit over the new 63mm intercooler pipe?

(In a stupid move a while ago whilst fashioning a diy intercooler setup I chopped up the oem pipe, total fail on my behalf :(

I felt that the rubber of the original hose may have been easier to stretch in order to fit over a 63mm aluminium pipe, the forge silicone hose however, i feel this sucker isn't going to be as lenient in the stretch department :S and at around $100 I don't really want to purchase on a whim. Here in Australia the resale on dud purchases is rather low :( (but the cars a beautifully rare)

My only other option would be...what exactly?....maybe get someone to custom a 63mm pipe from the new aluminium all the way to the turbo, dropping the 57mm(?) charge pipe entirely?

Considering the popularity of a 63mm fmic on these cars, surely someone, somewhere has fashioned a 63 to 57mm boost pipe to intercooler inlet pipe? right?

Any ideas would be amazing! Again, the current 63mm pipe (the new on to the intercooler inlet) has ended up sitting pretty much exactly where the original in of the drivers side smic used to sit, so feeling positive length and shape will work, just diameter....?