Top 5(or 10) mods?

mattiekane

Reaction score
in your opinion, what would be your top 5/10 mods?

state which of any of the A4 range(B6) :)

Rs4 engine

Reactions: BakPak and demus
No 1 on my list.
A4 headlights

Debadge, colour coding, s-line/S4 body parts, straight pipe, map (although I've done so much more haha).

Reactions: DrStrange
£2700 :eek: would hope they're all genuine parts with the aluminium bonnet for that price... and if they are the front will be too wide for our cars without some faffing about anyway.

1. HID upgrade 5000k or 4300k
  2. RS4 rear ARB
  3. Twin exhaust
  4. Leather interior
  5. Double din conversion if you have a single
  6. Cargo net and hooks in boot
  7. Auto boot opening on saloon.....great feature!
  8. B5 front spring perches
  9. 312mm brake upgrade if you have smaller
  10. B7 remote fob conversion
DONE! :)

quite intresting this, i thourght 1, 2 & 3 would of been wheels, lower & remap on most peoples list

1. HID upgrade 5000k or 4300k
  2. RS4 rear ARB
  3. Twin exhaust
  4. Leather interior
  5. Double din conversion if you have a single
  6. Cargo net and hooks in boot
  7. Auto boot opening on saloon.....great feature!
  8. B5 front spring perches
  9. 312mm brake upgrade if you have smaller
  10. B7 remote fob conversion
DONE! :)

Hi MikeM,

Any links to no_6 or was it a simple custom thing?

I would love no_7 any links for this one too?

Im obviously late on Aero Wipers, but what its good for?

Silent wiping? better coverage? Would you all recommend Bosch only?

Im obviously late on Aero Wipers, but what its good for?

Silent wiping? better coverage? Would you all recommend Bosch only?

Just so much better! Silent, no jumping, smear free. Basically they don't p**s me off! Have only ever had Bosch blades so can't compare to others.

Yeah, to be honest I only got them because the car was foolishly left in a dodgy area and some **** snapped the metal in half, but they're much better at removing every trace of rain (hard to explain but theirs no smearing or any trace of water left after each wipe), they also look allot better and don't seem to be prone to face corrosion like the originals were (or mine were anyway, didn't look pretty and I wanted better but didn't have a good enough reason until the snap).

Hi MikeM,

Any links to no_6 or was it a simple custom thing?

I would love no_7 any links for this one too?

6 - is basically adding the four anchor points to the floor.....lugs for screwing them in are on the chasis already

7 - is the replacement of the boot hinges, and dampers so when you press the boot release button the boot will pop open as usual, but then gets pushed automatically to a fully open state. Got a link somewhere of mine in motion

Here is one of the boot anchor points with net attached:

08ADB05D-17BB-42E2-99E7-905BF5283956_zpsrvhknsus.jpg

and an old one from further back and with my additional boot roof lighting mod, so I can actually see in the boot LOL

2_zpsfa7kjkqe.jpg

Here is my auto boot video link I made a while ago:

Last edited:
Another 10 things on the list I forgot

11 - Power folding mirrors - great mod also (got a spare set of power fold window regulators and matching mirror switch if someone is interested)
12 - Boot hatch for the saloon crew
13 - Full DIS and cruise control
14 - B7 door sills
15 - LED bulb replacements
16 - Privacy shades
17 - Rear armrest drinking cup holder
18 - Glovebox fridge
19 - Mood light kit (foor handles, ceiling, arm rest)
20 - Wheels

Last edited:
Just so much better! Silent, no jumping, smear free. Basically they don't p**s me off! Have only ever had Bosch blades so can't compare to others.

Haha Great, thanks for the info!

Yeah, to be honest I only got them because the car was foolishly left in a dodgy area and some **** snapped the metal in half, but they're much better at removing every trace of rain (hard to explain but theirs no smearing or any trace of water left after each wipe), they also look allot better and don't seem to be prone to face corrosion like the originals were (or mine were anyway, didn't look pretty and I wanted better but didn't have a good enough reason until the snap).

Why is it, that some pr*k feels the need to do that! I get how good they would be though as the OEM wipers, I feel, doesn't remove all the rain efficiently.

Here is one of the boot anchor points with net attached:

08ADB05D-17BB-42E2-99E7-905BF5283956_zpsrvhknsus.jpg

and an old one from further back and with my additional boot roof lighting mod, so I can actually see in the boot LOL

2_zpsfa7kjkqe.jpg

Here is my auto boot video link I made a while ago:

Super Mods! Thanks for the info! The LED boot lights are NICE!

Haha my Audi brolly needs that cargo net!

I will definitely look into the Automatic boot opening. My old C class Merc did this which I really liked as I was approaching with the shopping!
The only thing was...it was dampened by different tension hooks and twice broke. This meant, that when I pressed the boot release button..you guessed it...the boot smacked into the rear view glass nearly breaking the thing ha!