Tool Kit

AUDIA3QS

Reaction score
Hi all,

If anyone could spare the time would they post a pic of the tool kit that is held within the spare wheel, (Sportback if it makes any diff')

I think I am a few tools missing and would like to get this up to date.

Many Thanks & Regards
Tom

Here you go, this is from my Sportback...

IMG_0171.jpg

Sorry for the ***** pic, from my iPhone, in my kit there is...

screwdriver, towing eye, scissor jack, wheel alignment tool, wheel nut cap removal tool, wrench, locking wheel nut socket & in the bottom left some odd piece of wire, I don't know what this is for.

HTH

Pete

the wire is for if you have center caps on your wheels you put the wire on your knuckle and the bent end goes in the hole of the cap and you have to use a stupid amout of force to get the caps off hoping the little bend on the end will pop it out lol

The piece of wire is for removing the small hub-caps in the centre of the wheels if you have them - see page 273 of the Sportback Owner's Manual.

There is also the large plastic bag for putting your wheel into if you have to put the spacesaver on, so that you don't have to put the dirty wheel with the puncture in the boot and get it dirty. Alternatively, if you have a boot fully of luggage you can put in inside the car, in the plastic bag, and again not get the inside dirty. Clever these Germans.

Mind you a full sized spare with a well big enough to put it in would be even better!!

lol thanks, surely it's easier just to pop them out from behind once you've got the wheel off?

I agree, I'd much prefer a full sized spare, even if it was just a steel rim rather than a 5th alloy

I agree, I'd much prefer a full sized spare, even if it was just a steel rim rather than a 5th alloy

I have a steel wheel with a tyre fitted for my Sportback which I put behind the passeger's seat (in the large plastic bag from the toolkit) when I drive to Austria each year. I usually drive across France on a Sunday and the chance of getting a tyre repaired or a new tyre on Sunday in France is almost nil. So rather than drive 900 miles at 50mph on a space-saver I take my own steel wheel spare.

its for caps that go over the bolts like some tt alloys or 1.6 alloys so you cant get the wheel of you have to use it its a pain,,,,, like the alloys in the pic

RV54MHN.jpg

lol thanks, surely it's easier just to pop them out from behind once you've got the wheel off?

Oh I see, makes a bit more sense now.

h5djr, you are a very sensible chap indeed, I just tend to wing it on my euro trips

Thanks very much Pete (pdv-40) that is a real help,

Agree regarding spare wheel much better to have a full size spare,
Bought 18' Alloy with slight kerbing to match my wheels, just thinking about raising
the boot floor cover so the wheel will fit under, anyone had any ideas or seen a floor fabricated to allow a full size wheel to sit in the well?

Rgds Tom

I've driven mine with the spacesaver on the front and i was suprised at how well it handles to be honest, mine is a full 18 incher which was suprising as they tend to be a lot smaller. Once it was on the car sat straight unlike some i have seen.