Tool kit worry!

robthehungrymonkey

Reaction score
I went to take the wheels off my car at the weekend to paint the callipers and give the wheels a proper clean. Went into the boot, and rather worryingly, I don't have most of the tools needed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think I am missing the wrench (forgotten what it's called!) and the attachment for one of the bolts. Does anyone know anywhere where I can get these from? also, can someone give me a list of what is supposed to be there!?

Thanks,

Rob.

You should have:

<ul type="square"> [*]Wheel wrench [*]cap puller [*]jack [*]spanner [*]lock nut [*]centering pin thingy [*]some other metal ring/clip or whatever it is [/list]

Think that is it.

Rich

Rich do you know the part number for the "some other metal ring/clip or whatever it is" ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:
Rich do you know the part number for the "some other metal ring/clip or whatever it is" ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude,

I have absolutely no idea what the hell the damn thing is for let alone the part number! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
You should have:

<ul type="square"> [*]Wheel wrench [*]cap puller [*]jack [*]spanner [*]lock nut [*]centering pin thingy [*]some other metal ring/clip or whatever it is [/list]

Think that is it.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the philips/slotted screwdriver.

The metal clip thing is for removal of the wheel cap...if you have them.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
You should have:

Think that is it.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the philips/slotted screwdriver.

The metal clip thing is for removal of the wheel cap...if you have them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah forgot that... and i knew that but completely forgot!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif what a muppet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Also got i plastic bag or sheet in mine dont know what it is never taken it out to see.Looks like one of those things you take out and never get back in the hole it came out of so i've never touched it.

The plastic bag is to put the 'dirty' wheel that you have just removed into so that it does not get the boot or inside of the car dirty. Particularly relevent if you have a space-saver spare because the wheel well will not accommodate a full size wheel.