1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tool for removing and fitting oem hose clips

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by danger S3, Aug 24, 2010.

1. danger S3

danger S3 Member

[Aug 24, 2010]
    Hi guys,

i was wondering if there is a tool i could buy that would enable easy removal and fitting of the oem hose clips?
    the pic below shows the clip I'm on about (not my picture, i borrowed it from google images)

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

[Aug 24, 2010]
    Small screw driver and a lot of swearing, haha. Seriously though i dont think there is, im sure they are crimped on, anyway you cant reuse them once their off and tbh i wouldnt, just replace them with a jubilee clip, alot easier for the next time you want to get it off.
  4. danger S3

danger S3 Member

[Aug 24, 2010]
    basically I'm going to remove the cam cover and replace the gasket and also give the cam cover a good clean. and I need to work out what hose clips I need to replace and also what sizes they are. does anyone have any idea roughly what the sizes of jubilees needed and how many of each I would need?
  5. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

[Aug 24, 2010]
    Thats a hard one, theres quite a few little vac lines across the cover, i just use tie wraps for the vac lines but saying that all my vac lines are now silicone and that offers a very good fit once fitted. The main large jubilee clip will be the cam cover outlet for the oil, the outlet is 19mm so id guess any clip that offers 20-30mm diameter.
  6. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

[Aug 24, 2010]
    Those things are total ****. I tear them off with a screwdriver and pliers and replace any with jubalee clips. Just buy yourself a big box of different size jubalee clips and you'll be sorted. They come in handy all the time.