Took the S3 on a little mission to Bills at Badger 5 yesterday

dre_S3

Reaction score
and no i didnt get it mapped lol, well i wanted to but still have things on the list to do :) i got my coil pack harness done put it only the rolling road see how the car was running

Big thanks to Bill and Tuffty done a great job very professional had a good laugh and would highly recommend them :arco:

as soon as i got there had a lttle chat and Tuffty was straight on the case with the harness, made it look easy lol

IMG_0923.jpg

was also talking about getting a a JR filter and heat shiled so with a little persuasion form my mate and Bill gettin one out for me to look at it was on the car in minites lol

IMG_0924.jpg

next was to get the car on the rollers i said before i went up there i would be happy with stock bhp 210 as the car is 11 years old now with a few bolt on bits but on a standard map

IMG_0925.jpg

got 211 bhp and 193 torque form my first run so the car is nice and healthy :)
IMGP0356.jpg

IMGP0357.jpg

so got to get a few things done fmic and 3" down pipe then ready for a mapping :)

Jeezuz 211 !
Good return my 225 got 216 after 9 years

Good results there mate. Bill and Tuffty are very good at waving nice shiny things infront of you to make you buy them ;)

Lol you got that right :) glad I bought it though gives the car some rawness it needs lovely sound

Jeezuz 211 !
Good return my 225 got 216 after 9 years

The tip, filter may have gained back some bhp and the fact it's only just hit 50000 may have helped, just glad it's running right now as I had a few problems ended up being the maf

hi mate good result dont fance selling your air box do you ?

Good results mate, so was the 211bhp run after fitting the B5 tip and filter?

Yes mate but as you know we don't get the best out of the bolt on mods till we get them tinned in :)

My car on a revo stage 1 map went from reading 205g/s on a bog standard silicone TIP and performance panel filter to 217g/s after i swapped to an 80mm TIP and a jetex induction kit without any software tweaks etc so some bolt on mods should give you instant gratification as such.

Did you get it Rolling Roaded before fitting the B5 TIP as that would of been a good before and after test.

Cool mate I have had the tip on there for months just got the filter put on the other day so could not test it but as everyone knows it does make a difference

Yeah the JR filter does make a difference plus also makes it sound good too :)

My car on a revo stage 1 map went from reading 205g/s on a bog standard silicone TIP and performance panel filter to 217g/s after i swapped to an 80mm TIP and a jetex induction kit without any software tweaks etc so some bolt on mods should give you instant gratification as such.

Did you get it Rolling Roaded before fitting the B5 TIP as that would of been a good before and after test.

He did'nt have the TIP on the day, just filter & heatshield..

as for power.... the previous two days I have had BAM TT's here, and both would not make power no matter how nicely you asked them...
200bhp and limped to 230bhp just after remap...

These engines are all too often now worn out and breathing heavily... and I mean heavily.. oil running thru pipes, and out of throttle body. Sadly this seem to be coming all too common.. :(

Seing this one make its near stock power was refreshing..

SammyB LCR later went on to make 287bhp which I think is the highest K04 car reading I have had on my rollers ever. Well done sam. (hybrid next so should be interesting)

Nice to meet you guys Saturday.. Thanks for making the picture of me blurry.. :p Thats how I look.. phat and blurry

regards
bill

Yeah it is good concidering the age of some of these cars that they still make near the factory stated figures