Took My Car To The Drags Today!

XXX_18T

Reaction score
Took my car to the runs 2day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Top 4 runs I had kept and kept getting 15.0 could crack damn 14's

I was running with my 18" rims and all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Then my mate has a go and pulls this out of his a$$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

A 14.7! Ive framed this as inspiration /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif for my next time on the track /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Run2.sized.jpg

Here are my top 2 runs

Run1.jpg

Run3.jpg

At least now i know what my car is capable of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hug.gif

For comparison heres what other cars ran on the same day

VW R32 - 14.7 (stock)

Alfa 156 GTA - 14.7 (exhaust)

Stock VW GTI - 15.8

BTW whats the fastest 1/4 mile a chipped A3 has run?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

cheers
Costa...

Spec of my car is below in my signature

1999 A3 Turbo

Oettinger chip and turbo back exhaust system running on 18" wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

ok cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

so what the fastest 1/4 times for a chipped A3 been?

Yes i better play some Need for speed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

XXX you are giving away up to 0.5 seconds on your reaction times, I'd play a bit more PS2 to sharpen your times up.

[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:
XXX you are giving away up to 0.5 seconds on your reaction times, I'd play a bit more PS2 to sharpen your times up.

[/ QUOTE ]

NMo hes not. Timer doesnt start until you cut the beam.

Rich

yeah I saw that, I mean what kind of bhp and torque is it putting out?

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

What does R/T stand for then eh ?

[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

What does R/T stand for then eh ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reaction time is just that... the time it take after they go to green that you cut the beam... This time has no effect on the actual 1/4 mile time. Believe me! Done enough of them.

Rich

Its putting out around 220hp

I reckon if i was running with 16's on the front i could get it even lower times

So whats the best A3 1/4 mile time?

The best i thought was Gambbas 15.2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

OK I bow to your superior knowledge, just seems pointless to give the time if it has no effect on the result.

So what times do u Euro boys get at the strips?

Just want to know whether ive done good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Costa, if I'm reading the slips right, you're fastest is already 15.032 so why worry about everyone else..... just give Gambba [censored] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yeah but did u see what my mate got

14.7!!!!!

Im so suprised now his set the bench mark for me in my own car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

So amI the fastest A3 with K03 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:

So amI the fastest A3 with K03 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

must give it a try when I've had the mods done, wheres the nearest strip to Worcester?

[ QUOTE ]
James M said:
must give it a try when I've had the mods done, wheres the nearest strip to Worcester?

[/ QUOTE ]

Santa pod

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:
So am I the fastest A3 with K03 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, have you ever had it dyno'd??

Seems Oettingers getting some real good performance with you FWD guys, I wonder what the numbers are? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
James M said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Santa pod

[/ QUOTE ]

can you just turn up or do you have to book or something

well when my car was running 100% last time i got a 162HP at the wheels and i was really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

So im pretty happy all up, i think the turbo back exhaust system has a lot to do with it

Theres a lot of misconceptions on the net if u go 3" turbo back u lose a lot of down low torque and people also think its noisy.

The oettinger dealers here in Sydney did tests with 2.5" to 3" diameter turbo back exhaust systems and found the most gains from the 3".

To keep noise down my twin tips are 2.5" each (i wanted 3" but Mullers advised against this saying it would cause drone!)

Im glad i listened to them, cos people love the note my car has they describe it as cheeky (as its quiet when u want it to be and when u want it to be loud u put the pedal to the floor and the engine sings along with the turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Also sayin this the pipe from the turbo back is really restrictive on the A3 so this would be a huge benefit

On the S3 Mullers recommend 3.5" turboback as they found big gains there as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

they know their stuff thats why Oettinger have had them as agents in Australia for over 20 year!

Hi Costa,

I was going to go on Saturday as well! But they had too many cars. A friend of mine was there and he said that it was too crowded and only got two runs.

I was thinking of going on the usual Wednesday night sometime soon, I went a couple of weeks ago as a spectator, there were only your usual skylines and V8 fords and holdens.

Cheers, Edward.

Nah wasnt that crowded i got 8 runs in

Was a mad day wish u came /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ur not from the East Suburbs are u? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Costa,

Nope, not Eastern Suburbs, I'm up north in Hornsby, out in the bush, where the all wheel drive comes in handy due to the hills, in particular my drive way, which I'm sure wouldn't be legal if built today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers, Edward.

[ QUOTE ]
eddyg said:

Hi Costa,

Nope, not Eastern Suburbs, I'm up north in Hornsby, out in the bush, where the all wheel drive comes in handy due to the hills, in particular my drive way, which I'm sure wouldn't be legal if built today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers, Edward.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif hate dodgy roads and its funny us Sydney siders pay the most tax /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif

Hm, 162 at the wheels eh? Well, Oettinger showed mine as (IRC) 173 at the wheels, but that was in FWD mode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So what do you figure, about 150 at the wheels in AWD?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif So THAT would explain Daniels cockiness everytime we're on the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Hm, 162 at the wheels eh? Well, Oettinger showed mine as (IRC) 173 at the wheels, but that was in FWD mode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So what do you figure, about 150 at the wheels in AWD?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif So THAT would explain Daniels cockiness everytime we're on the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Those hp figures Drill sound very correct as urs has the K03s and VVT oettinger claim another 10kw with those cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Imagine how much u will get when u stick an exhaust on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Still im chuffed at the 14.7 my mate got he reckons if i had 16's on he could get much lower

Drill get that exhaust asap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hmm, well TBH the exhaust MAY just have to wait, as I'm beginning to "Suspect" my clutch is getting a bit worn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Was joking around with a friend last weekend, and after he squeeled the tires in his rented Mondeo Wagon ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif ) behind me, I decided to turn off the ESP and gun it from a stop at this nice deserted 90 degree left turn. Well, I got a good jump, till I turned, and where I'd usually get a bit of squeel, I just kinda "Cruised" around the corner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

But if Oettinger ever writes me back, or I find another cat-back for the TQ at a decent price, I'd definately be tempted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

yeah me 2 my clutch is starting to wear too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ECS will be coming im just waiting for someone to come from the US to bring it back for me as it costs $500 AUD but if i get it shipped etc with duty it costs another $500 so im pretty sure ill escape it as the mrs is in the travel industry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif Naturally you jest, and you've simply asked some kind soul to "Gift" you with said Clutch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif As we'd never attempt to cicumvent customs, now, would we? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Thats a good time ,shame your mate did it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif,what have the quattro guys done,Drill ?Drill by the way i am having a 3"downpipe made and 200 cell cat to fit to the milltek S3 system i've had for ages,should be on in a couple of weeks(waiting for cat to come in).Bad news is i think my turbo actuator is stuffed,so will probably need new turbo before i can get it on the rollers/strip.GT28rs?Cheers Andy

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif Naturally you jest, and you've simply asked some kind soul to "Gift" you with said Clutch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif As we'd never attempt to cicumvent customs, now, would we? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Thanx for the 'birthday present' Drill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

BTW my birthday is coming soon just waiting on that other stuff to get to u /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:
[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Thanx for the 'birthday present' Drill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

<font color="red">BTW my birthday is coming soon just waiting on that other stuff to get to u</font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, well Happy B-Day Dude, I'll have to see what can do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

XXXT, can you give me details of this Mullers company you mentioned? I have been looking everywhere for a turbo back exhaust and can only find cat back exhaust.

Cheers!

That looks so much nicer than santa pod!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Costa I do beleive you have recorded the quickest 1/4 time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif...but don't expect it to stay that long! My time was my first ever 1/4 and only 3 days after having it chipped, and unfortunately since then I haven't been on a strip.

But if I had 8 runs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I think I'd be showing you a thing or two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif....maybe.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Michael, me *****?? Whatever gave you that idea? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
And it's not the power at the wheels that makes me *****, it's the fact I know you're a big girly behind the wheel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif....well ok maybe it wasn't just you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

guys apparently my A3 Bianca has recorded one of the fastest times for 1/4 mile in US and Europe for a K03 car

Now im really chuffed surely theres much faster K03 cars out there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif