Tomtom startup screen

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
For any of you who have a Tomtom GO, I have made a custom startup screen which you can put on your tomtom really easily.
All you need to do is save this image and then connect your tomtom to your computer and then explore the tomtom, find a file called splashw and then rename it to splashw_old (so you can always restore it) and then copy this image over to the Tomtom and rename it splashw.

The same can be done for the exit screen which is called suspendw.

startup9ab.png

This may not work as its hosted as a .png file it needs to be a .bmp
If you want the image pm me and i'll email you it.

Nice one-Good to see a fellow Tom Tom enthuists :D

I'm actually looking at getting a Tom Tom One. Can you get it to display your speed? ie a more accurate speed than the speedometer

icenutter said:
I'm actually looking at getting a Tom Tom One. Can you get it to display your speed? ie a more accurate speed than the speedometer

Yes you can.

This may not work as its hosted as a .png file it needs to be a .bmp If you want the image pm me and i'll email you it.

Cant it just be renamed to .bmp Chris... If not I'll have a copy please... I'll PM you if the answer to the above is no..
Does it work on ay of the go's (that is 910)

Ta

hop2407 said:
Cant it just be renamed to .bmp Chris... If not I'll have a copy please... I'll PM you if the answer to the above is no..
Does it work on ay of the go's (that is 910)

Ta

No it cant be renamed mate, its a different format. It does work on the 910 also so PM me your e-addy and i'll send it over to you.

marriedblonde said:
LOL...I have a picture of my little lad as my startup screen :)

Aye me too-|Same as on my sig :)

Don't forget you can also change the suspend screen as well ;)