1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TomTom PDA Car Kit?

dickys3 Jul 13, 2004

1. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have a XDA2 and have TomTom 3 with GPS Reciever.

I need to purchase some sort of holder thingy so I can mount it in the car neatly!

I have seen that TomTom do a car kit and was wondering if anyone has one? Is it any good!

What I like about it is the ability to charge the pda and reciever from it!

anyone got any experience with it? I take it it is a sucker mount type that sticks to the Window?

Cheers
    Rich.

2. dankler

dankler New Member

I've got the Co-pilot version for my iPAQ, which came with a windscreen sucker. I found that the sucker kept falling off and setting the alarm off!!! I then bought a clip off ebay that comes in two parts - one clips into the air-vent, the other sticks to the back of the iPAQ. Then you just marry the two of them together. Unfortunately there isn't a power adapter, so you'd have to get one from ebay.

Hope this helps.

3. dunk

dunk Member

try the brodit cradle www.brodit.se (there is an english option) - these cradles have car specific non-damaging fixing kits, and have active powered connectors - drop the xda in the cradle and it is powered from the car, along with options for cables gps receivers.

4. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for the advice