TOMAS SPORT TUNING UPPER REAR STRESS BARS

D-Tech Performance

D-Tech Performance - Dom
Reaction score
Website
www.d-techperformance.co.uk
These fit a3 both FWD and quattro...

Ties the unibody together to help remove body flex in the rear portion of the hatchback. Improves handling. Constructed of laser cut hard anodized aluminum for low weight: 5.6lbs. Countersunk aircraft grade rivets and hardened M8 fasteners are used throughout. Retains hatch and rear seat use. Easy install in about an hour and can be easily removed in minutes.

tst%20stress%20bar.jpg

£150 + p+p of £8 or may do a group buy if enough intrest

Could be interested in this as per my other thread,
was looking for a yarrow sport brace, but have not found anybody who still deals with them?

I'm intrigued...

How exactly does one of these improve the handling?

On an S3 the damper mounts are low down...
The boot floor area is already stiff, and this brace adds nothing that I can see...
Dampers and suspension components are mounted on rubber bushes anyway, and they move more than the bodyshell ever does...

So how does it improve handling?

Even on an A3 with upright rear dampers, the rubber mounts shift about all over the place...you can move them by hand! So how does a metal brace make things better?

Ess_Three said:
I'm intrigued...

How exactly does one of these improve the handling?

On an S3 the damper mounts are low down...
The boot floor area is already stiff, and this brace adds nothing that I can see...
Dampers and suspension components are mounted on rubber bushes anyway, and they move more than the bodyshell ever does...

So how does it improve handling?

Even on an A3 with upright rear dampers, the rubber mounts shift about all over the place...you can move them by hand! So how does a metal brace make things better?

The idea behind it is that any additions to the rigidity of the shell will be of advantage but as you say they move as they are on rubber mounts so ideally used in conjunction with uprated bushes. There are many happy customers in the US who have reported an improvement in handling and the feel of the car...

Like the design on these, better than a conventional strut brace as i looks to take up little or no space :icon_thumright: you'll have to let me have a test drive in your demo car when you have it fitted with one