1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told To Remove DV

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Craig Cull, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Craig Cull

Craig Cull Well-Known Member

Hi all, my mates says I should remove the
    Forge spacer from my 2.0tfsi as they loose boost,
    Is this true?? Not really noticed owt different
    To be honest??
  2. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Member

I think it's just because it dumps in to the atmosphere. I dont know if you lose any tbh. I don't think I have. Forge wouldn't make them if they were a problem surely!
  3. Marrow

Marrow Member

I ran one for about 18 months took it off as when I fitted induction kit the noise was a little too much for me I didnt have any problems and noticed no difference in performance with or with out it.
    The theroy is that you losse a small amount of boost as our systems are supossed to be closed sysyems and the spacer breaks that sealed system and dumps a small amount of boost pressure to atmosphere hence the noise which is why I guess the garage is telling you to remove it !?!
    Some one more techincally minded may be able to tell you more or correct me on this though ?
  4. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

on my stage 3 a4
    it didnt loose any boost it was checked on the RR when we couldnt find a boost leak