1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told To Remove DV

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Craig Cull, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Craig Cull

Craig Cull Well-Known Member

Hi all, my mates says I should remove the
    Forge spacer from my 2.0tfsi as they loose boost,
    Is this true?? Not really noticed owt different
    To be honest??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Member

I think it's just because it dumps in to the atmosphere. I dont know if you lose any tbh. I don't think I have. Forge wouldn't make them if they were a problem surely!

4. Marrow

Marrow Member

I ran one for about 18 months took it off as when I fitted induction kit the noise was a little too much for me I didnt have any problems and noticed no difference in performance with or with out it.
    The theroy is that you losse a small amount of boost as our systems are supossed to be closed sysyems and the spacer breaks that sealed system and dumps a small amount of boost pressure to atmosphere hence the noise which is why I guess the garage is telling you to remove it !?!
    Some one more techincally minded may be able to tell you more or correct me on this though ?

5. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

on my stage 3 a4
    it didnt loose any boost it was checked on the RR when we couldnt find a boost leak