Today's purchase's

A3-Lee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a picture of the parts purchased today as this is now sump number 6 lol the joy of low cars going to raise it up 5 or 10 mm I'm bored of smashing/changing the sump now!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358349338559787
At least I know my engines clean only changed the oil just over a month ago lol

Jesus man, it must be REALLY low to do that many sumps?

i drove my daily around for 2 years absolutely decked, subframe towers about 50mm off the ground, and I never hit the sump once!

Either that or you need to be more careful :laugh:

Jesus man, it must be REALLY low to do that many sumps?

i drove my daily around for 2 years absolutely decked, subframe towers about 50mm off the ground, and I never hit the sump once!

Either that or you need to be more careful :laugh:

I couldn't be more careful if I tried mate it is very low here's a pic ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358352889102572

Yea that's right jojo 205/40/17 sorry about poor picture mate I'm on my phone

Wouldnt the smart thing be to just raise it up a bit? Can still have it low just not as low as current level. Probably end up looking better tbh as standard rediculously low cars on standardish wheels look pretty gash or just look broken. Just saves you spending hundreds on sumps and sealant all the time and probably cv joints and tyres in the future.

Wouldnt the smart thing be to just raise it up a bit? Can still have it low just not as low as current level. Probably end up looking better tbh as standard rediculously low cars on standardish wheels look pretty gash or just look broken. Just saves you spending hundreds on sumps and sealant all the time and probably cv joints and tyres in the future.

If you read my first post I have said I will be rasing it up sumps for these are less than £30 so it's not so much the cost just a pain each to their own about the look of the car but its my car an I like it

I used to run a mega low polo a few years ago, and also run into the usual sump smashing problem. I bought some spacers that fitted under the engine mountings that lifted the engine approx 25mm which sorted the problem. I think I had them off ebay, not a bad job to do as I remember.

I used to run a mega low polo a few years ago, and also run into the usual sump smashing problem. I bought some spacers that fitted under the engine mountings that lifted the engine approx 25mm which sorted the problem. I think I had them off ebay, not a bad job to do as I remember.

The only thing I thought about these is dont they bring the shafts closer to the chassis leg?