Todays findings

K7ERG

Reaction score
Website
www.wallaceperformance.co.uk
One rear brake caliper held on with 1 bolt............... Replaced bolt
Found my windscreen washer bottle had a silicon patch on it but is still passing water.

I also got my hands on one of the ebay VAG scan tools.

Checked for fault codes but came up with this

Please check DTC memory of instrument cluster P1654.

Now my instrument cluster doesnt show anything at all just a blank red screen. It does go orange then turns red once moving.

I know i need new clocks which are next on the list of things to do.

Is it easy to change to clocks with check control system?

Any help would be great.

If you get clocks from the same age of car should be ok i think. If the display worked fine before you plugged it in could it just be something needing coded?

There was a couple of a4's in the scrappie in inveralmond the other week. They always have a couple in there.

None there when I was last in. I was at u pull it and there was one there might have to go down and see if its still there. I actually took the clocks out. Next days off might have a wee drive down again.

Use a proper vagcom cable and scan the instrument cluster like its told you to, to see what the fault code is.

Would it not be better to find another set if clocks. I was wanting to get a set with the trip computer and check system. Need to find out what size of torques I need to get the steering wheel airbag cover off.

i was in the breakers in inveralmond today, 2x a4 b5's (both saloons) and an a8 of the same age. Sure you'd get some clocks easily, but as aragorn says - get it scanned to see what the issue is before spending any £