todays effort

Jonni

Reaction score
Well I made good use of been down south on holiday and called in to see rob on the way back home . I picked up this little gem .

acdc173aa4eed98592f65ce2387648ea_zps59681be9.jpg

So once I got it home it was cleaned polished and waxed ready for fitting it to my car.

So the car started like this

ff566105-a7ee-4621-b91b-bed4a7486a5e_zps954ab386.jpg

Then I followed A3 Kent's grill removal thread and set about getting it stripped down. Can't believe how easy the front bumper comes off. Anyways once bumper was off I masked everything up ready to spray the crash bar black .

IMAG0178_zps04612f83.jpg

I used hammerite smooth black satin finish . picked this up from local motor factors out of the clearance bin result.

So all back together and with a temporary short number on this is the result .

cca8ff99-7793-48a1-9de1-8e81214894a5_zpse74acf36.jpg

35a077f3-95fd-4ddb-8e19-b74a1a794039_zpsa0f958df.jpg

98044518-f713-4013-9371-5354770b0ad4_zps21d45e30.jpg

I am stumped on what to do for my front plate . I want a short pressed metal one . Think I sud b able to get that its getting it attached to my grill without drilling the plate hmm..

All comments welcome as usual .

Reactions: monopole and br20vt
I'll be honest, not sure I like that tbh, any distance shots as its to closeup to really gauge the look.

To fit plate, just cable tie a smaller plate to the grill, then double sided stick your original plate to this, easy job :)

Reactions: Yolo_8p3 and Boydie
Looks rather dashing. I bet It feels even better knowing you did it all yourself. I know it did when I changed my grill.

Nah will get some distance shots tmra . Yerh that's what rob was saying about cable tie a smaller plate to the grill. Just need to find a short pressed plate now lol

Good effort :)
Personally I'd have grill black to match the surround or a silver surround to match the silver grill.
Just my preference :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I am thinking of getting new wheels in a gun metal finish so should match the grill tbh . Or the grill myt end up gloss black lol

I am thinking of getting new wheels in a gun metal finish so should match the grill tbh . Or the grill myt end up gloss black lol

Love the look of the RS3 grill. Looks so aggressive, especially when u see it tanking towards u in the rear view mirror lol :)

Love the look of the RS3 grill. Looks so aggressive, especially when u see it tanking towards u in the rear view mirror lol :)

Lol tanking towards you lol

Well after humming and harring I am going to spray the mesh gloss black . well my cousin is as he owns a body shop. See if that looks any better

Reactions: NHN
Good choice ;)
Going to look mean lol :)

Grill looks perfect the way it is imo. But I never did get the whole PAINT IT BLACK thing though

Looks good maybe you could change fog grills to match centre grill, get some honeycomb mesh in the fog grills mate

looks fantastic!

dude, can you pm me the details where you got it, price etc, I'm gonna get one :yes: