1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To trade or not to trade?

azzurro2222 Mar 11, 2005

1. azzurro2222

azzurro2222 Member

Finally agreed to upgrade the wifes ride to a nice family 4x4 after adding another child to the family a couple of weeks ago so now I can go a bit less family myself, considering TT and 330i Coupe (sorry) but the trade in offers I'm getting are outrageous.
    I am being told they're doing me a favour offering just under 16k,

My last A4 1.8t Quattro on a 51 Plate with a nice spec, leather, alloys 17" stars (an extra at the time), was sold for 15K when it was over 2 and a half years old with 35,000 miles on it.
    How can my beautiful black S-line with BOSE & Xenons be worth less than 16k after 9 months.

Help, another question, should I mention the AMD remap when offering it for trade in or private sale come to that?

I would appreciate any and all comments and suggestions.

2. simon_golf_tt

simon_golf_tt Member

What a joke - I was in the local dealers last weekend and they are selling 2002 A4's for that sort of price. Reckon you'd be much better selling private. Then you are in a better position to barter on the price of the replacement. More hassle but worth the effort.

Not sure on the remap. Depends on the buyer.

3. I was offered £7,000 as a trade in for my old Saab Convertible or £1000 off the list price for my new A4 Cab. In the end I sold the Saab for £9,500 and got the £1,000 off the new A4. That means my private sale (which only took 2 weeks from start to finish using AutoTrader) saved me £3500 and that was on a 5 year old car!

4. azzurro2222

azzurro2222 Member

Plan B in operation, keep the A4 for the missus and trade her Focus for a TT (or 330i Coupe).
    Why let some other /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif get the benefit of my depretiation.