To superchip An S3 Or Not?

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this with a bluefin?

Like detectable, drive, how superchips are as a dealer

Detectable - Yes. I would say it is more detectable than others as Superchips do not roll back the flash counter. Therefore meaning when you take the car in for a service or for some repair work the dealers can quickly see with VAGCOM that your ECU will have flashed x number of times. However, whether the dealers dealers would bother looking for this is another question.

They are all detectable - some more so that others and the Superchips probably is most likely to be noticed. Havign said that I went with superchips.

It was a hard choice, as they used to have a very poor reputation,which Ithinkany long standing members on here will recal many scare stories. The thing is that they have cleaned up the act - certainly at the Buckingham HQ, they also now map cars for the VW Cup including all those for VW Racing, and this for me was a key factor.

While the engines are not the same as the S3 engine, Supechips are designing maps for engines that are not rebuilt every other race, they need to last the course, and if they can provide maps which run reliably for a race season, where the cars are used in a way mine probably never will be, then that must say something for the safety / design aspect of the maps. If they were getting it wrong you would see pistons melting beccause cyl temps were getting too hot, etc,etc.

LAstly for me - I said to the localdealer - 'Can you remap my car?' and they said Yes, apparently they had been looking at Oettinger but went with Superchips, so mine was done by the main dealer anyway, thus having it detectable didnt matter much as they knew it had been doen anyway.

Oh and is it worth it - Every Penny. Just looking forward now to my trip to APS :D

There is a thread on the A4 B7 section discussing Bluefin with some good comments from their tech director. If you visit the Bucks HQ, quote mkivs or this forum and I'm sure you'll get the 10% discount plus if using the HQ they do before and after RR sessions plus a full road test, it's well worth the visit and very interesting, I'll be getting mine done next June.