1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To press or not to press

audiv8quattro Jan 7, 2012

1. audiv8quattro

audiv8quattro Member

Hi all I have a button on the drivers side support pillar between front door and back door, it's square and about half way up the pillar just wondered if anyone has a clue as to what it does? I've owned the car for over a year now and never pressed it, I'm getting the urge now though is it gonna make my car fall apart or maybe even turn into a transformer lol,

2. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

It disables the interior alarm sensors invade you leave kids or a dog in the car. :)

3. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Press it. The light on the door lock comes on solid red. Get out, lock doors and the dog/kids can jump around all they want without setting the alarm off.

4. audiv8quattro

audiv8quattro Member

Oh ok no use to me then as my alarm goes of everytime I lock the door so I don't bother locking it anymore and I just went out and tried it and I get nothing, what a dissapointment, + don't really leave kids in car on there own as they are only young and if I left the dog in the car I would have no interior left as I have a staff x pittbull he's a nightmare but thanks any mate really appreciate the quick response it was really bugging me

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  5. audiv8quattro

audiv8quattro Member

And no just because I own a dog like that I'm not a hoodie wearing drug dealer lol.