To much camber on front anyone notice the same?

kilojade

Reaction score
I have noticed the front wheels sit to much on the outer edge.

Like to much positive camber? Hence why my p zeros have worn really bad on the outer edge. Even just looking at it stationary the front tyres look like they need air.

Have also noticed the front slides when going around a sharp corner in the wet at normal speeds.

Is the front camber adjustable on these?

Thanks

Funny you should mention this, my front tyres appear to be wearing on the outer edges too !

It'll be deliberate and to do with the handling balance.

Does this mean the tyres will need replacing sooner than normonal though ?

ie will the excessive wear on the outer edges mean the tyres become illegal, even if the rest of the tyre is way off the wear bars ?

Yep mine need replacing soon done 4K miles... I do not like the way it sits and handles. So all the grip isn't on the whole width of the tyre it's all on the edge no wonder why the front end slides.really don't no why they made it like that! Gona see if center gravity can do summit like put some aftermarket adjustable arms on. Just seems stupid not having the grip across the tyre evenly it's not even slightly on edge it's heavily on the edge of the tyre imo

a few people now have said need air in them fronts lol it's dam annoying

Look. See how it's wearing with normally day to day driving. It's my wife's car and she just drives to work and back. The dark edge bit on pic it's like a 1mm lip!

And see how it sits just don't look normal

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
That definitely doesn't seem right? 4,000 miles on a set of tyres for normal use is terrible. I'd ask Audi to check that all of the geometry is right.

Mine are similar to those above & just 5,000 miles on mine too.

Same 'wider' black gloss tyres too ... is it the wider tyres that are causing the excessive outer rim wear ?

I got over 20,000 miles on my previous cars tyres (Golf R). Going through a set in 5,000 miles on an RS3 won't make me happy!

Look. See how it's wearing with normally day to day driving. It's my wife's car and she just drives to work and back. The dark edge bit on pic it's like a 1mm lip!

And see how it sits just don't look normal
Am sure that's normal wear the outer edge wears like a race tyre hence the should thaysbthe part of the tyre that's got the most grip.

further in you go the more it's setup for wet weather

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I have noticed the front wheels sit to much on the outer edge.

Like to much positive camber? Hence why my p zeros have worn really bad on the outer edge. Even just looking at it stationary the front tyres look like they need air.

Have also noticed the front slides when going around a sharp corner in the wet at normal speeds.

Is the front camber adjustable on these?

Thanks
Unfortunately the front camber is not adjustable individualy it can only be equalised across the axle by moving the front subframe.

That wear is not normal IMHO I have the staggered tyres on mine and I do no see wear like that and I am now 14.5k miles on the clock, 10k on the MPSS I currently use, I swapped the PZeros out at 4.5k.

I would ask your dealer to take a look and do a 4 wheel alignment check.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If you changed the P Zero's out at 4.5k you possibly changed them before seeing any outer edge wear.

Most owners apper to experience this with the Pirelli tyres and other brands such as Michelin appear to be longer lasting and don't wear on the outer edges.

Poor quality P Zero tyres by the sounds of it as many owners are reporting this on the RS3 it appears.

If you changed the P Zero's out at 4.5k you possibly changed them before seeing any outer edge wear.

Most owners apper to experience this with the Pirelli tyres and other brands such as Michelin appear to be longer lasting and don't wear on the outer edges.

Poor quality P Zero tyres by the sounds of it as many owners are reporting this on the RS3 it appears.

That may well be the case, they were the RO1 models, I have done 4 track days on the MPSS and they are still holding up just fine. I would agree that the front camber could do with an increase, at least another 0.5 degree of negative would be nice. I have been looking at options to do that and the best option so far is adjustable top mount plates, I would however prefer fully adjustable lower arms as you can adjust the top plates in situ.

I have had it at kwikfit 3x for alignment always getting it done my mate is the boss at my local kwikfit so never have to pay. My alignment is bang on going off there/Audi settings

But!! on my rs6 it was also spot on but handles rubbish! car going sideways when going around a round about. Kwikfit also attempted to adjust it many times always the same. And torque steer was absolutely dangerous. I then took the 6 to center gravity we did some road tests. 1 main test we did was go at a roundabout at a certain mph as we was going around it the car was sliding towards the curb. After 3 hours of alignment and moving the subframe we did same road test same mph at roundabout it stuck like fuc*king glue! Car handles miles!!! Better. And no torque steer. Question is why can't they come out of Audi factory like this lol

Gona change my tyres for mpss on the 3. And take another trip to center gravity.

Best place for mpss guys?

Kilojade, this centre gravity place sounds fascinating. I'll have to look it up. Perhaps people won't have to wait for the lighter front end of the FL if this does the job.

Kilojade, this centre gravity place sounds fascinating. I'll have to look it up. Perhaps people won't have to wait for the lighter front end of the FL if this does the job.
:haha:

Classic :) :tearsofjoy:

It does sound good though :sunglasses:

I didn't quite mean it to come across like that! Seriously, if it is that good then I'll be taking mine there. Just Googled it. Is it the one in Atherstone?

I didn't quite mean it to come across like that! Seriously, if it is that good then I'll be taking mine there. Just Googled it. Is it the one in Atherstone?

I know you didn't .... but it was still really funny :)

Reactions: D0C
My OE fronts were battered after 9k miles so swapped to mpss and they are still fine now at 23k miles. Rears no problem and still on OE.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Hi to all fellow Audi lovers, Im a new member dipping my toes in these forums, unsure if im starting in the correct place? so please forgive me for jumping in on your threads.
I recently acquired 2.0 tfsi s line 2009 100K miles very nice motor clean & tidy seller put 12 mths m.o.t. on it sailed through, so wouldn't expect any excessive Play in suspension components.
I have a few questions to ask has anyone else had any similar experiences.
Sometimes when trying to pull away when roads not excessively wet i get the front wheels hopping for grip inherent fault with front wheel drive but seems excessive? tyres are still serviceable so thinking suspension related as when accelerating hard & turbo kicks in front lifts & steering becomes vague any one experienced similar?
Also reading the oil consumption posts I would like to know is there a mileage & year exemption on Audi considering the engine rebuild issue?

Thanx in advance for any informative help.
Davmar

My OE fronts were battered after 9k miles so swapped to mpss and they are still fine now at 23k miles. Rears no problem and still on OE.

TX.

I like the sound of the Michelin tyres but s few owners comment on the traction light flickering a lot .... you had that at all ?

The Michelin also seam to be quite flat on the edge - do they catch on the arches with the wider front rims ?

You kept Pirelli on the back with Michelin on the fronts .... I've never had 2 brands of tyre on a car before. I've sure the fronts will need replacing well before my rears at this rate. I really like the good year asyms from previous experience - they were superb on my TTS.

No traction light. Fronts quite square yes but don't catch edge. No adverse issues with front vs back mismatch although will switch rears over too when they wear out.

TX.

No traction light. Fronts quite square yes but don't catch edge. No adverse issues with front vs back mismatch although will switch rears over too when they wear out.

TX.

Cool ... I don't rate the Pirelli so I'm sure a set of Michelin or Good Years on the front should see a nice improvement of ride, grip & wear !

Reactions: Terminator x
There's quite a few guys with the wider fronts in a whatsapp group that are having issues when cold with the mpss and traction control kicking in. It's believed that it's due to the squarer shoulders giving a taller profile and confusing the haldex system

There's quite a few guys with the wider fronts in a whatsapp group that are having issues when cold with the mpss and traction control kicking in. It's believed that it's due to the squarer shoulders giving a taller profile and confusing the haldex system

Yeah I knew I had read that somewhere.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I've never seen it spaceman and have had mpss for 13k miles.

TX.

Reactions: T-800
Aye it's a strange one I'm on original Pirelli ro2. Just what load of the guys have complained of.
There's a few running the new PSS4 with no hassle

What they have all said tho is after 10 mins or so of driving it stops only does it cold. And that it's worth it as the mpss are amazing on the car

The Pirelli's seriously suck. Very poor tyre and I'll be switching over sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Terminator x
A don't mind the pirellis now there bedded in ok in the wet they slide around but I like that