1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To "Mod" or to change - that is the question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Neil C, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Neil C

Neil C Member

Hi all
    I have a 2004 2.0 TDi Sportback Sport, in Liquid Blue, that I bought back in 2007, It has just clocked 85000 miles and is in excellent condition for it's age ( according to Audi tech guy ). My thinking at the moment is this; should I add some reasonable Mods, knowing that the insurance company will rob me blind no doubt, or simply change to a TDi Sportback S-line ( maybe Quattro) / Black Edition.

The Mods I have in mind are as follows :-

upgrade to 18" alloys
    Install either Philips LED aftermarket DRLs in the fog grills or change the headlights to DRL Devil Eyes
    Rear LED lights
    Multi-function ( possibly flat bottom ) steering wheel, providing it will work with my Concept single DIN stereo
    LED interior lights

What are you opinions / thoughts please ?
  2. hollow

hollow Member

the mods you have in mind will be cheaper than changing vehicles at a guess , but will you be happy with just the mods or is it a new car your really after ?
  3. Neil C

Neil C Member

I am really happy with my car hollow. I know where it's been, how it's been driven, that it's been serviced properly, etc, so I'm not looking for an excuse to change. Granted, a brand new motor would be great, but I don't have that kind of dosh.
  4. hollow

hollow Member

sorry didnt mean brand new , just meant newer than you have . why not do a facelift conversion on it ,would update the look of the car .

would look great with the rest of the mods you have planned

i wouldn't buy a brand new car either ,never happy with any car i buy ,always something not right.