To keep or to sell up??????

Christian gale

Reaction score
So iv owned my b6 avant sport 1.9tdi now since february this year, which i got because i had a job where i commuted alot so needed a diesel. Iv now started a new job where iv bewn giving a workvan so the audi now mainly sits there all week doing nothing maybe do the odd mile drive to the gym once or twice in the week and then may use it on a saturday or a sunday. But im now only covering about 30-50miles per week so im only going to average around 2500 miles per year in it. My question is, is it worth keeping to sit there not doing alot or isit worth selling up and getting a petrol. I absolutly love my car took me awhile to find 1 in grey and with the right spec but iv been told ot wont do it no good just sitting there. Hope you can help me abit many thanks.

I only have the rs6 wheels id put up forsale tbh i couldnt break the whole car its to nice

Think you've summed it up yourself, you don't need a car but you want a car and you like your car so stick with it.

That or get some crazy huge/turbo petrol thing as it's clearly a weekend fun type of car you're after.

Yea i do love it. But iv been told if i dont drive it much being a diesel it can cause the car to have problems just doing short drives etc.

So drive it more - a decent long run every now and again, just because you can? :)

EGR delete to save it getting clogged up on short journeys?

I'm in a similar boat; my 1.9tdi only gets taken out a couple times a week and generally doesn't get a long run but I keep it 'cause in my mind it's priceless as I'll never get a return on mods, it's been looked after and functions better than some new cars so (fingers crossed) it shouldn't have any issues and it's handy having a car which is made better by it being a car I like.

Yea a friend of mine said do the egr delete to save that getting clogged up. It neva gets a long run maybe on a saturday or sunday it may do 20-30miles and gives me a chance to clear out some crap. But in week only does the mile if that drive to the gym and back. Im happy to keep it aslong as it isnt going to break and ****** up being a diesel doing the short journeys

Or walk the mile to the gym and leave the car at home? Lol

Reactions: DieselJake and THQuattro
Got a pushbike haha i just enjoy having a car to play with. If it aint guna clog up or have problems with it just sitting there then il keep it if not il let it go for a petrol

Reactions: Mike_B
Fancy a swap for my 190 sport 1.8T?? A diesel would prob make more sense for me..

I'll have a scan through my phone and post u a few..

It's a 53 plate 190 avant, 103k, 6 speed, FWD, it's pretty bog standard other than the Rs4 reps. Grey cloth, electric lumbar support, very clean, front off side wheel arch has only just started to show a bit of rust in the usual spots on an A4.. Lovely power delivery,,

What's the spec on ur's Christian?

Oh, it's akoya silver, still shines due to the fact I polish it religiously!! :-D