to do list and problem solving (help)

tintiningram

Reaction score
I though I would put my problems and bits I need help with in one post insted of bombarding everyone with all the little problems.

1.My anit dazzle rear view mirror is broken so I'll be after one in black at some point , but I'm not sure if it's a standard/compatible with every audi model.

2.My boot lights do not work when the doors or boot open ,

]

So i think the boot switch has gone , how do I get the back panel off (pic above ^ )to check ?

3. I think a fog light has gone In the boot panel the one on the near side isn't working how do i get this panel off to replace it?

Thanks for any help :sm4:

Last edited by a moderator:
They only have one rear fog light wired in.... check my A6 thread for details on that.

The tailgate trim is a faff, undo the relevant screws and then be firm but gentle when removing it. There is a special tool available, but I've always managed without it, that said, my current A6 has many broken tabs from before my ownership.

Cool cheers I wont worry about that then.

The boot cover does seem hard to get off I'll see what I can do

There are two screws and a spring washer

Audi A6 Avant - Refurb & Repair (Pic heavy) - Page 3 - Detailing World

One obvious screw, small hidden one down in the black plastic normally broken by previous user finding out there is in fact only one bulb and a fiddly spring washer to pull.

The rear light switch is linked to the door open warning ISTR. More likely cable or bulb issue.

Suggest a old copy of ElsaWin from fleabay and a registered copy of VCDS / Vag Com (cheapest option is ebay cable and $99 registration).

Reactions: tintiningram
I'm heading to the wreckers yard this weekend to find some bits :sm4: plus I think it's either the micro switch in the boot catch that's gone or a dodgy connection/dry solder in the roof light