To Chip..

All smilies together then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I assume hidden meanings from the recent events,
audi-sport.net has only come back after that!

that's why it needs to be clear!
I don't want this board to go down the route others are going, it's the only way to make it the best forum of them all!

[ QUOTE ]
All smilies together then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Can't find any chip info on there site,
only some brake covers and some pink dumpvalves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

www.revotec.com

am I missing something?

oh!
But it's strikingly similar though isn't it?
revlogo.jpg

Glad it's not my logo, too similar in the same industry if it was me.

Thankyou for the link I'll check it out.

[ QUOTE ]

On here I am JUST John nothing more or less , but I still have the right to an opinion!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi! Im John your JPR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can't find any chip info on there site,
only some brake covers and some pink dumpvalves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

www.revotec.com

am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hello John, supose thats the fake login /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry???

typical! someone posts something and you assume it's me!

I could say the same for all the anti-amd stuff some people say but I don't!

There will be no slanging matches on audi-sport.net, it is going to stay as a car forum, anyone having a go at ANY other member publically will risk losing the right to post, we won't tolerate direct insults, I know of one person who recently left another board because of this, it won't happen here.

It's a car forum not a playground, if anyone wants to play games I suggest they go elsewhere.

[ QUOTE ]
No one is rubbishing anything

I was asking out of my own technical curiosity nothing else.

If I was wanting to rubbish anything I'd create a fake login /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry John i was only responding to a joke that you had made earlier, didnt mean to tread on your toes!! Didnt reallise that as humble posters we werent allowed to have a laugh like you obviously can!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Oh and you will note the smilies in my original post wont you John, just like the earlier smilie situation with yourself and scotty!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one is rubbishing anything

I was asking out of my own technical curiosity nothing else.

If I was wanting to rubbish anything I'd create a fake login /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry John i was only responding to a joke that you had made earlier, didnt mean to tread on your toes!! Didnt reallise that as humble posters we werent allowed to have a laugh like you obviously can!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Oh and you will note the smilies in my original post wont you John, just like the earlier smilie situation with yourself and scotty!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No after the [censored] I took over christmas no one is gonna wind me up, they'll just be off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I won't be spending my spare time building this just to get people having a go at me again! :p /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(added extra smilies just for you!)

'humble' good you're learning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Not having a go John, 'cause I know and understand that alot of [censored] came down recently, from everyone, it just seems like you've been a tad touchy, is all. Could all be in good fun of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Just calling it as I see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

We all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif now, or what /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yes I am touchy now, it's that time of the month for me now didn't you know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

where's that chocolate ice cream........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Not having a go John, 'cause I know and understand that alot of [censored] came down recently, from everyone, it just seems like you've been a tad touchy, is all. Could all be in good fun of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Just calling it as I see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

We all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif now, or what /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Drill, glad someone else sees it as that! If you are going to make jokes and then not take any back!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif John just out of interest how many pops at you have i made???

Eaxactly Drill, my original question!!

Who else does stuff like REVO TECHNIK then? Names please people if you know them, would like to read a little further!!!

Lagoo, I think it's just a matter of time, some feelings got stepped on, and it'll take a bit for things to settle. Too many people reading too much into things. Once everyone realizes that it's all good... we'll be back to our normal, everyday smart-*** selves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Am I right or what /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

try this link-

www.google.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

than do a search for, serial tuning OBD

also try and find some info on the millenium tool

I'm not gonna show you where to go am I, lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Drill, i understand that but thats what as.net was about, being able to have a giggle at the same time as having answers to questions asked!! Supose things have to change /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But hey its only a BB right!

And i conceed (this time only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) you are right!!

[ QUOTE ]
try this link-

www.google.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

than do a search for, serial tuning OBD

also try and find some info on the millenium tool

I'm not gonna show you where to go am I, lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh i guess you think i am gonna write my own software in order to achive VAG group tuning domination..... FEAR my tuning prowess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill, i understand that but thats what as.net was about, being able to have a giggle at the same time as having answers to questions asked!! Supose things have to change /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But hey its only a BB right!

And i conceed (this time only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) you are right!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but there's having a giggle and there's having a go!

Just need to let things calm down agreed, I think some people crossed the line several times over the last few weeks thats all

I think the product you are thinking about Jo is the Possum Link ECU.

I don't know if you can fit them to Audi's, but they are used a lot on Imprezas. I think it replaces the original ECU and has loads of variables that can be programmed via a laptop, from inside the car.

[ QUOTE ]
so ECU goes back to Audi, code is encrypted somewhere but still stored somewhere, Audi may not be able to read what it is but they'll know it's different!
An after all this publicity I'm sure they'll be looking for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Also if they start getting a run of S3's with melted pistons, worn clutches etc they will start looking very closley, manufacturers build engines not just for maximum power, but also reliability and low servicing... most main stream cars are a compromise of many factors, i dare say if most people can set the perameters then they will run with maximum boost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif most of the time, no-one will be running .5 boost will they /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just like to add I have no connection with AMD, MTM etc

Hi dwk - yeah it might be that - there's also a whole series of products made by the same company that don't replace the ECU - they just seem to change settings on the fly.

I really wish I could remember the link !!!!!!

aha : http://www.scoobymania.co.uk/site_nonflash.asp?page=possumlink

Thanks Jon !!

http://link-electro.co.nz/

That provided me the link into "link " ha ha ha. Anyway the above is the link I was thinking of ! I was thinking of their "ancilliary" devices, that don't seem to need the ECU changing. So you can control the turbo and air flow and stuff like that.

Not quite what the same as revo offer I don't think, but along similar lines.

Not sure whether they support Audi - can't find a list of supported cars on their site.

I was at autosport today........

Saw a few of you guys! you know who you are!

Have to say the ammount of people I saw or who approached me re:serial programming was surprising!

I was there today aswell... saw Scott and had a good chat with Phil about the RS6 Milteck.. looks very good.. will probably go for it...

Didn't see you though John??

Dave
PS.. mini looks good!

[ QUOTE ]
Just need to let things calm down agreed, I think some people crossed the line several times over the last few weeks thats all

[/ QUOTE ]Man, did I miss something, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif if there are any lines to be crossed I want to be the one doing it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif All in the cause of bad taste.

[ QUOTE ]
I was there today aswell... saw Scott and had a good chat with Phil about the RS6 Milteck.. looks very good.. will probably go for it...

Didn't see you though John??

Dave
PS.. mini looks good!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on and off the stand all day, did you see Milltek's girl?
As my job is Development/Marketing now rather than sales I spent alot of time with partners and doing promotion, lets play spot the AmD logo over the next three days!

Lagoo, Just saw your post above. Have not been here in the last 24 hours but I wanted to confirm I am the real John and I certainly am not JPR!!! I was having a Joke with John (JPR) which Im sure he got!! completely innocent - sorry if you think im a JPR alias!! Cos you could not be further of the mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif;)

Sorry John, have never thought you were a JPR alias. I was responding to Henley's "revotec" comment, and with the use of the " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" i assumed people would take it as a joke, so who is the furthest off the mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Slightly off topic but just waiting for my warranty to run out in the summer and then I will be dropping a tradtional chip in the A3. I will be telling the insurers and it won't matter if Audi find out because it will be out of warranty!

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly off topic but just waiting for my warranty to run out in the summer and then I will be dropping a tradtional chip in the A3. I will be telling the insurers and it won't matter if Audi find out because it will be out of warranty!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea to tell the insurers - I would just be terrified all the time if I hadn't told them !!