1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To buy or not to buy....

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by cjsuk, Sep 17, 2013.

1. cjsuk

cjsuk Member

[Sep 17, 2013]
    My lower arms (bushes) are warn to hell and need replacing went to TPS for a price with discount which came to £150 for 2 x arms and 2 x ball joints obviously genuine parts so all good, then I saw this AUDI A3 FRONT WISHBONE SUSPENSION TRACK TIE ROD BALL JOINT KIT .1J0407151C. | eBay is it worth getting? anyone purchased any? Im thinking of doing it Saturday, id rather do it the cheaper way but I thought i'd ask you lot first :)

Thanks guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Sep 17, 2013]
    no name as i can see
    id pass it by
  4. Squirrelofdoom

Squirrelofdoom Member

[Sep 17, 2013]
    I would give it a miss. Have you tried Jason at AllGermancarparts? (I think that's the name)
    cjsuk likes this.
  5. Grale1

Grale1 Member

[Sep 17, 2013]
    I bought these once as I was really tight for money at the time, I would give them a miss is all I can say, the ball joints broke down within a couple of weeks and the rear bush on the wishbone had small splits in it very quickly also, waste of money
  6. cjsuk

cjsuk Member

[Sep 18, 2013]
    Cheers, I thought they would be **** but sometimes it's best to ask :) Ive emailed Jason at all German car parts and awaiting reply, funny I live less than half mile away from them and didn't know they were there lol
  7. cjsuk

cjsuk Member

[Sep 24, 2013]
    Just to let you know, after taking a recommendation from squrrielofdoom I got in touch with Jason from Home (all German parts), he was in Greece on holiday but still sorted things with matt in Leeds for me, as luck would have it they are based litrally 2 mins from where I live lol.

Have to say the customer service was fantastic and knowledgeable, I had a bit of a barter and got lemforder arms and ball joints for £100. Fitted them at the weekend and all is good.

So thanks guys for your help, very much appreciated.
    s3dave likes this.