To All 8P S3 Owners With the Stronic Box

K.A

Reaction score
Hi

Am wanting to buy an 2010 Audi s3 with S-tronic and am worried about the cost of repairing a dsg gearbox when it comes to a problem.

I just want to know whether anyone had any s-tronic problems on the 8P S3s or Maybe 2009 A3s and how much did it cost for the repair? Even if it was done under warranty how much would it have cost you?

Please guys I needs this info

From what I know pre2010 had some issues but nowdays is hard to find anyone complaining. Mine is a bit clunky sometimes took it to Audi they said it is normal and you get apparentley 5 years warranty on the gearbox if you have had car serviced with Audi then they are happy to cover part of the costs so I wouldnt worry too much.

As he said, the facelift cars stronics arent really problematic, as the older mechatronic units were.

I had a good discussion with my guy at audi outside of the normal office & it seems audi are quietly allowing longer warranties on some items if serviced with them, at least the last service that is.

I think this comes from the US warranting the gearbox/mechatronics unit to 100K/5 years iirc, instead of 60k, as there was some fuss made in US about the problems people had, maybe its filtered down to us finally, but with no vosa/legal intervention or admission of a recall fault as such.

I have a question.(s)
My dsg mechatronic from dec 2007 a3 8p is failing, can I put a new mechatronic similar to facelift ones to avoid future problems? any advise?(tfsi dsg could ever fit on my tdi?)
PLS HELP

I had a very slight whirring noise on set off and from 2nd to 3rd, probably a bearing or something along those lines.
Had the whole gearbox replaced under warranty, cost was north of £6k.
I would of lived with it tbh had it not been covered