TiV mapping

Well my car ready for stage 2. Just needs an exhaust and mani fitting but ill get the mani fitted when I get rods. I'm gonna go for stage 2 b5 map. It's the fact that i trust bill's capabilities rather than leaving it in the hands of a generic stage 2 rod bending map.

So does this not work on the me7 narrow band?

Doesn't make any difference if it's narrow or wide band - this is irrelevant for tuning purposes.

NIck - i do ARMD car by car, yes. I've got base calibration for most specs and go from there. If you get intevention, then find the variable that's triggering it and go from there :) Does this mean i do TIV mapping?:arco:

Reactions: m19lte
Jojo - don't suppose you have given this any more thought / booked in yet?! I'm very tempted too. Mines an amk S3 with 3" dp, b5 tip and s2k filter currently running an unknown (oettinger?) map. Don't really fancy a fmic right now but would like to see what bill or nicki could get out of the car

Jojo - don't suppose you have given this any more thought / booked in yet?! I'm very tempted too. Mines an amk S3 with 3" dp, b5 tip and s2k filter currently running an unknown (oettinger?) map. Don't really fancy a fmic right now but would like to see what bill or nicki could get out of the car

I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit more so I can fit a few more things on. I hate working in the cold! lol :cold:

Then I will see if going a custom map is the next part of my plan. I have no plans to change my exhaust or downpipe, so I will probably enquire to see if it's worth it first? The way I see it is, If I do the exhaust and downpipe, I might aswell go the whole hog and do a relentless manifold and hybrid turbo, but it was never my aim to go stage2+ on my S3, I'd prefer a different base car for over 300bhp personally.

I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit more so I can fit a few more things on. I hate working in the cold! lol :cold:

Then I will see if going a custom map is the next part of my plan. I have no plans to change my exhaust or downpipe, so I will probably enquire to see if it's worth it first? The way I see it is, If I do the exhaust and downpipe, I might aswell go the whole hog and do a relentless manifold and hybrid turbo, but it was never my aim to go stage2+ on my S3, I'd prefer a different base car for over 300bhp personally.

this was entirely my view with my s3 jojo, I couldn't agree with you more.

Each to their own and everything but if I was looking to break the 300bhp mark I wouldn't choose an 8l s3 . I think a wel sorted stage 1+
S3 is a good enough drive ....... I can't seem to find a new 8l s3 that meets my expectations so I've pretty much gave up looking for one to buy. I love the 8l s3 but all the modified ones seem to have no end of niggly problems after problems....

Sean

Niki got 265 bhp and 293tq from my S3 with only a 3' intake and jetex filter...

Get it booked with Niki or Bill and you should see a good gain and be safe in the knowledge you have a good safe map on the car.

Niki got 265 bhp and 293tq from my S3 with only a 3' intake and jetex filter...

Get it booked with Niki or Bill and you should see a good gain and be safe in the knowledge you have a good safe map on the car.

My car made more than those figures on Niki's rollers with 'just a badger5 3", Jetex filter and a prehistoric remap', done almost 10 years ago! which is why I asked the question, if TiV will give me much more gains?

I have no doubt it will and improve it throughout the rev range based on feedback of other members etc., but question is whether I want to take this route for 10 extra horses?

Untitled-6.jpg

It's not just peak figures you'll gain. The way it drives will be a lot different everywhere I bet.

If it has been mapped previously so that you are not getting torque intervention, - which it should have been but often isn't the case - then you have little if anything to gain, unless your spec has changed or you want to run a different boost curve etc.

Rick

So I'm still undecided on this yet? Lol

In the last few weeks, I had a go in my old S3, but she's now running stage2 Badger5 custom mapping(including his version of TiV), and it was quick, pulls nicely through the rev range, smooth and quick turbo spool up!, it was very nice to drive I must admit!

Today, I drove a stage1+(badger5 3" TiP, Welly's cooler) RTec TiV mapped S3, again, pulled nicely, not as quick or as aggressive as the stage2 above, but it did feel quicker than my example, more punchy in the midrange, and held power to almost 7k, where mine starts to go flat after 6.5k.

Now the second example is more what I'm after really, and I believe the stock cats was a restriction during the map, so I fancy going decat then the TiV map.

It's not going to happen anytime soon, but I will report back once it's done.

In the last few weeks, I had a go in my old S3, but she's now running stage2 Badger5 custom mapping(including his version of TiV), and it was quick, pulls nicely through the rev range, smooth and quick turbo spool up!, it was very nice to drive I must admit!

Today, I drove a stage1+(badger5 3" TiP, Welly's cooler) RTec TiV mapped S3, again, pulled nicely, not as quick or as aggressive as the stage2 above, but it did feel quicker than my example, more punchy in the midrange, and held power to almost 7k, where mine starts to go flat after 6.5k.

Now the second example is more what I'm after really, and I believe the stock cats was a restriction during the map, so I fancy going decat then the TiV map.

I told you months ago when fitting your steering arm to get rid of the cats mate lol also get that ****** front mount on il lend a hand if needed and then get it mapped stage 2 B5 style lol

wideband cars or narrowband ones
?

Gops car is narrow(still I think?) and Chris's car is wide, mine would be narrow(99 APY). Why do you ask?

because they Are Different cars dude

vvt vs non vvt for example... #

apples and banana's comparison.

You CANNOT ignore the hardware differences between them... std actuator vs 1bar one.. night and day different

because they Are Different cars dude

vvt vs non vvt for example... #

apples and banana's comparison.

You CANNOT ignore the hardware differences between them... std actuator vs 1bar one.. night and day different

Surprising how different how you make these cars sound Bill! Lol. Wasn't long ago when members asked which model of S3 to buy, 210 or 225, and we would tell them they both map to the same output!

Anyways, I don't think Nick mapped in the vvt on Chris's car from the top of my head. I'm not in the know enough to understand how wide and narrow band effects remapping, might require a new thread for that! Haha. I am happy to report that both cars does what I expected of them, and maybe more. :)

Surprising how different how you make these cars sound Bill! Lol. Wasn't long ago when members asked which model of S3 to buy, 210 or 225, and we would tell them they both map to the same output!

Anyways, I don't think Nick mapped in the vvt on Chris's car from the top of my head. I'm not in the know enough to understand how wide and narrow band effects remapping, might require a new thread for that! Haha. I am happy to report that both cars does what I expected of them, and maybe more. :)

VVT is already "mapped in" on K04 cars jojo.. ;)

Different hardwares... especially actuators... makes huge difference.. more so than map in the example cars you drove. thats all I am saying dude..

VVT is already "mapped in" on K04 cars jojo.. ;)

Different hardwares... especially actuators... makes huge difference.. more so than map in the example cars you drove. thats all I am
saying dude..
Is it better to have the VVT flavour for mapping Bill...? Mine currently has Bam engine without the VVT running on my APY Ecu.... And if it is how much of a big job is it to put the VVT back on and change the ECU...?

Is it better to have the VVT flavour for mapping Bill...? Mine currently has Bam engine without the VVT running on my APY Ecu.... And if it is how much of a big job is it to put the VVT back on and change the ECU...?

we do wideband conversions here, which would bring it to life.,
the active vvt helps mid range and spool... Very usefull on bigger turbos etc.
also wideband fueling, egt sensor and protection all possible unlike on narrow band ecu's

What would it cost to do a wideband conversion bill?

This may make me sound incredibly stupid.. But whatever :D

My car was mapped by Niki after this TiV mapping came about.. Does this mean I already have a TiV map? Is there an easy way to tell?

Phone him.

I wouldn't want to bother him with something like that.. I know he's a busy guy!

He can TiV your car for free I think?

Oh that's good of him! I'm hoping to go back to him for a stage two custom remap before the end of the year providing I have no more unexpected breakdowns, so I'll ask him to have a look for me - thanks for the info!

That's why you go to Niki; he's always got time for his customers.

Drop Ben an email, and he'll probably be able to bring up your logs and dyno print out too.

Chances are it has got the TIV line.

Reactions: Dani_B19
I'm going for it.

I have a generic stage 1 map on my AMK S3 with a B5 TIP, S2000 filter, and Relentless 3" DP and sports cat, usual deletes etc.

Booked in at Rtech for mapping on the 24th of September. Already excited

Reactions: jojo
I'm going for it.

I have a generic stage 1 map on my AMK S3 with a B5 TIP, S2000 filter, and Relentless 3" DP and sports cat, usual deletes etc.

Booked in at Rtech for mapping on the 24th of September. Already excited

Curious what stage1 map you have? before and after plots also please.

Right then folks. Yesterday I picked up my S3 from R-tech having had Niki work his magic on it. It rolled in with a generic (from RSD in Daventry) stage 1 map from the previous owner and the following spec on the car:

Badger 5 TIP, S2000 filter and a Relentless 3" downpipe and sports cat. Car has standard SMICs. PCV system removed to prevent pipes continually perishing. Car has done 95k miles.

Now before you ask unfortunately I don't have a plot of the output before the car was mapped at R-tech. This is because when they got the car on the Dyno they found the ECU to be locked, so had to remove it, load stock map and start again. During this process the car was taken off the ramps and graph forgotten (deleted). Not a big deal for me as I can feel the difference. Niki said it made just over 250bhp.

This is the graph that I was handed when I returned:

For those with less keen eyes that is 273bhp and 314 torques. I haven't yet had a really good drive of the car but initial impressions are excellent. The map is really smooth at lower revs, yet more progressive and gives a more sustained "push" than before when foot down. Pulling out onto the motorway 15 mins after leaving R-tech it made very steady progress!!!

Also worth mentioning, and I know that it has been said many times before, but the team at R-tech are a great bunch. Excellent customer service, results and complete confidence in what they do.

So, is TIV and modern mapping on the 1.8t worth it? Well, it seems that "stage 1.5" figures are now getting into the realms of what "stage 2" used to produce until fairly recently. The car seems so much less hesitant and fun to drive. Once driven a few more miles I'm sure I will be back on here again, but initial impressions are that yes, it is worth it!

Cheers,

Dan

Reactions: Westy and jojo
Nice torque figure, surprisingly good with the standard side mounts!

Yeh - that's what I thought too :icon_thumright: Also worth noting that I'm still running the standard cat back exhaust system...

Cheers,

Dan

so I fancy going decat then the TiV map.

So I fitted a decat pipe to my S3, Big thumbs up to shariain for sending it to me, it's just the standard cats with the innards removed, so straight through.

And some RR results on RTech's rollers last sunday.

3CAB8C86-130D-4761-A0F4-22CB6F09EB90-881-000000F59E9A3484_zps2b1a03b7.jpg

C1711046-773F-4A56-9055-F218A8F21DC7-881-000000F5A5525DA5_zps53417a18.jpg

Now I need to see if Niki can sort out some TiV on my existing map! I've got a front mount to go on, and some other things like N249 delete to do before I go the whole hog with a custom TiV map, but surprisingly, just a decat pipe is quite effective for a few horses.

Reactions: Jason.s and dancuz