tiscali broadband upto 8mb opinions please

Danielson

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
hi all, im currently with aol and have been having lots of connection issues of late, im thinking of going with tiscali bb upto 8mb for 17.99 a month compared to 24.99 for crappy 2mb aol, so who is using tiscali bb? how do you find it? thanks dan

Im not using tiscali, but i know people who are on it and love it, but also people who are on it and hate it.

try ukonline as im with them and havent had too many problems

Only consider tiscali if your not much of a down loader, as olly suggested check adsl guide and before you sign upto anyone read the small print for fair use policies and acceptable useage policies. I heard a quote about tiscali somewhere "tiscali, the nets only limited unlimited isp", made me chuckle.

hehe, ukonline have a limit of 500gb a month, which is pretty much unlimited

I signed with Tiscali for up to 8mb then found they only supplied 1Mb to my address I cancelled before it was installed and went to UKonline who signed me up to 8mb Getting at least 5.5 as i am so far from the exchange. I am not too sure about thier service as the access regularly used todisapear as there was a fault at the exchange which they are finding hard to rectify. saying that it has been ok for the last month. So the moral check your actual service. (PS I actually work in the industry as an IT Consultant. and i am sure there are others on this forum who do the same.)

I've been with Tiscali (just up to 2MB) for about 9 months now and have never had a problem. Unlimited download capacity with a dl speed that does me fine.

I also have my house phone tied in as well that gives me free local and national calls (not to mobiles though)

I've not shopped for ages around so if anyone knows where i can beat £25 a month then i might look at changing. I cant get cable though which rules out NTL / telewest servies

I'm with wanadoo (Now Orange) and get 2Mb.... Original deal was a reduced rate for 6 months £14.99 (goes up to £17.99) and free wireless router kit for first 6 months (£4 thereafter for a min of 12 months) - didn't think it was that bad and never really had any service issues with them... may change now it's Orange...
They too promise free upgrade to 8Mb - but it's not in my area yet !!

Tiscali are good. I have never had any issues, I get 2mb and it is on 24/7 for me. No limits whatsoever.

However, their customer service is ****.

well ive decided to go with tiscali, i can get 5mb on my line so it should be much better than my 2mb with aol plus its cheaper. =)

Been with tiscali for 18 months now, service has been faultless, however as mentioned, their customer service is crap, on hold for 20 mins before you speak to someone, and then it turns out they hardly speak your language.:mad: :uhm:

I have been on Tiscali for ages now (on 2mb at present) since I ditched Freeserve dial-up and only problem I had was when i moved and they delayed the change-over for about 8 days longer than they said but gave me a good discount on my next bill.

make sure you check if they throttle ports or block ports, as i made this mistake and am unable to download anything fore the next 12 months, ******* hate pipex!!!!!!

Whats wrong with BT??

Where can i check the connection speed of my line??

Out of the two people i know using tiscali both are unhappy. Also upto 8mb has a big asterix next to it and is usually only about 2mb.