Tiptronic Gearbox

way318

Reaction score
Hi, had my car nearly a week now and wanted to ask a question on the Auto Tiptronic gearbox (think this is what's in mine as the Audi option code is 0G7).

I've noticed then when I stop on a hill or slope etc and your holding the car on the foot brake (e.g waiting at traffic lights etc) and then when your ready to pull away and take your foot off the brake the car rolls back slightly before it seems to recognise that I want it to move forward, is this normal?

The reason for asking as other auto's I've driven, this never happens as the car stays stationary for a second then moves forward.

Thanks

Hi,

Code 0G7 covers a multitude of gearboxes. Tell us a little more what engine, 2wd or Quattro, model and year.

My own car has an 0G7 code but has a second code for S-tronic as well.

Multitronics roll backwards on hills.
Why not use the parking brake instead of burning out the eyeballs of the bloke behind you in the queue? The handbrake comes off automatically at just the right time to allow you to set off without rolling back.

Why not use the parking brake instead of burning out the eyeballs of the bloke behind you in the queue? The handbrake comes off automatically at just the right time to allow you to set off without rolling back.

I have been using the parking brake, but was just curious as to whether this was normal as never come across this in any other auto that I've driven.

It seems like its normal on the Multitronic CVT box. It is a bit un-nerving first time you feel it rolling back!

Ok cheers, as long as this is normal for this type of gearbox then this puts me at ease as thought there was something wrong.