1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips on Clay/Polish/Wax on Noggy S3

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by S3 HODGE, Jun 10, 2009.

1. S3 HODGE

S3 HODGE Brown passenger seat.

[Jun 10, 2009]
    Hi all,

I was going to clay, polish and wax my noggy blue S3 this weekend. Was wondering what the best way to do it was. Ive never clayed a car before so some tips on that would be good.
    I have bought the Meguires quick clay kit and i found Autoglym super resin polish the best so far for polishing so ill be useing that to polish. Was wondering what a good wax to use would be?
    Someone told me to polish it twice? :shrug:

Thanks
    Adam.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

[Jun 10, 2009]
    Hi Adam.

The claying tips can be found in the other topic created by Tim.

SRP is a good, under-rated product. It hasn't got much 'bite' too it, but, the thing to remember is, it's very filler heavy. On a dark car you could over with, indeed, two passes with SRP and find A) the colours been revived B) it's nice and sharp/glossy but C) a fair amount of the swirls have been removed

Remeber. They've been filled - they need keeping on top of in that case because in a douzen or so washes, they'll start to reappear.

A good product for swirl removal by hand, for me, has to be DoDo Juice Limeprime. Similar to SRP.. a pre-wax cleanser (sets the base in readiness for wax) but it containts micro-abrasives which, when worked properly can actually 'correct' to a certain degree - which is nice :)

A wax to follow SRP, I'd probably consider Autoglym's Extra Gloss Protection! It's SRP's 'sister product', if you like. A sealent that's very easy on/off, and, can be layered.

Chap I know with a noggy S3 limeprimed his and followed it with DoDo Juice Rainforest Rub IIRC (which is a hard wax..) came up very well indeed.

Let us know how you get on - be sure to post pictures! :)
  4. S3 HODGE

S3 HODGE Brown passenger seat.

[Jun 11, 2009]
    I will do. Thanks for the tips Jimmeh!
    Hopeing for a good result!
  5. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Jun 12, 2009]