1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TIP Issues - Help!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by audi18tdan, May 16, 2010.

1. audi18tdan

audi18tdan Member

Removed standard TIP and it has an alloy adapter on the end with an o-ring seal!
    Found out that this won't come off to re-use on new Forge TIP and mullered it in doing so.

I have the AUM 18T and the turbo end doesn't fit over the turbo and so i thought i needed to reuse this adapter.
    For curiousity i used a spare coupling and put over turbo and fitted TIP into it and found out the TIP is both the wrong angle and too long so induction kit end it's pointing towards the windscreen.

Basically I need your help to determine if this TIP is wrong (even though apparently for AUM, AUQ, AWD, etc) and also if you need to reuse the adapter from the old TIP?

Thank You
  2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

the adapter should come off mate this is the restriction, there is a bolt holding it on
  3. MickM

MickM Member

You have a picture of what yours looks like? struggle to see how it could have Induction kit pointing towards the windscreen!

I had to cut a couple CM's of the Turbo end of my TIP to get it to fit
  4. audi18tdan

audi18tdan Member

No pics but i can now tell you that i had to make use of a spare coupling reducer which it's larger end slotted over turbo and the smaller end the TIP slotted in to.
    After cutting off the bend on the turbo end which strangely had a take-off on it which i don't need and taking some off the MAF end it all fits.
    Just need to get jubliees for turbo end as got wrong size from Halfords and we're done.
    I just hope they're no leaks.

Ohyeah mine didn't have a bolt holding pipe on but it had however have a clip which lock it on!

This is the one i received from Forge:
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0017&product=FMGOLFIND
  5. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Thye Forge TIP fits straight onto the Turbo...DO NOT RE USE THE ORIGINAL METAL BIT AS THATS WHERE THE AIRFLOW GETS RESTRICTED.

If you have cut your Forge TIP then you've wasted a whole lot of money, ruined a good part and wont get ANY gains.

Here's a thread on when I fitted mine to my KO3 AGU A3.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?75046-How-To-Fit-a-TIP&highlight=

I really hope you've not cut your TIP up. They are a pain to get onto the turbo but they do go on if you smear a little grease on the turbo end.

T