Tip fitting K03s

macyjosteve

Reaction score
Website
www.newfordplastics.co.uk
Need abit of advice. Currently running a AGU engine K03, Booked in next week to have K03s,tip and de cat downpipe fitted then re mapped again. Im no mechanic but when I offer tip to turbo it does not seem to connect to k03s, is the k03 slightly different? here is the link for the tip i brought
VW GOLF MK4 1.8T 20VT SILICONE TURBO INTAKE PIPE AGU on eBay (end time 16-Mar-11 22:23:05 GMT)

Do I need to buy another tip? before car goes in garage or is there a way to get this to fit

That tip is for the k03, the k03s requires a different tip as the intake diameter is bigger. Buy a tip for an 'aum' or 'auq' engine code.

Just read the description, he lists it for the agu and arz engine code that are both k03 equipped. He says it fits the k03s, but if it fits the k03 it won't fit the k03s as the intake is a fair bit larger tbh. Hth dude.

No problem mate. Im certain that they're identical except for the turbo inlet diameter. I've done a few agu/k03s conversions and dont ever recall having any issues with the tips being different in any way except for diameter.

The difference between the inlets is minimal, that should stretch over with no problems. I had that exact TIP on my AGU K03S engine.

yeh was gonna say bill said it was a couple of mm. could always cut a bit off

If i remember rightly what Bill said was that the oem TIP's from Audi are indeed different because of a difference in size but if you are fitting a silcone after market job you should be fine as they have a bit of give in them .... i need to find a tutorial on changing these as i've had a Samco TIP sat in the garage for the best part of 2 years waiting to go onto my K03 or KO3s (still dont know whats fitted ) do you have to get under the car to fit them ??? it looks awfully tight down there

There is a link some where to a step by step guide, with pics, to fitting a new TIP, im not sure if its on here or another VAG site. I have it on my Laptop but unfortunately it crashed to day and im having probs getting back into it, im on my NoteBook at the moment. Ill post it to you if i can get back into my Laptop.

The guide was how to do it from the top without getting underneath the car.

DC

What engine code do you have? Fitted my forge tip to my 99 a3 quattro a few weeks ago and it took less than 30 mins, very straight forward but securing a jubalee clip to the base where it connects to the turbo was sooo fiddley! Made a noticable difference though.

Engine code is AJQ which seems to appear more in the TT's..... got 7 days of shifts to work now but i'm gonna fit it next week... silly for it to have been sat there all this time

So thats a ko3 unless its had an s fitted at a later date. Good luck with it, it honestly is simple. Dont waste your time trying to get to it from under the car, it didnt look possible to me