1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiny Scratches On Windows

j0nny2013 May 21, 2014

1. j0nny2013

j0nny2013 Active Member

I have Acoustic glass and started to notice that I was getting a load of very faint thin scratches all over my windscreen.

I thought it might have been because of this glass but realised the other day that I have it on my passenger window and drivers side now.

Not sure what they are or how they got there.

anyone had same thing or just me??

I clean my car with proper sheep skin mit and I am always careful so cannot see it being off when washing it!

cheers

2. MA3RC

MA3RC Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A3 Team Brill Red

Are you sure they're scratches? Could be iron filings, maybe a blast with some clay or iron fallout remover could help?

3. HawkeyeS3

HawkeyeS3 Well-Known Member TeamMisano Audi RSQ3 quattro Audi A1

Do you park at a railway station? If there are overhead lines, it could be fallout from that. s indicated by MA3RC, a wash with some iron fallout remover could be a good move.

4. screenbubble

screenbubble New Member

Maybe some of that 'saharan dust' was caught in your rubber window seals, and is scratching if the windows are opened/closed.

5. j0nny2013

j0nny2013 Active Member

thanks for replies guys.

to be honest they dont feel like scratches so they could be iron fillings. I only park my car at the office or on my drive, no where near railway lines.

I'll try some Iron fallout remover and see if that works!