1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tint advice needed

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by imported_CurryMilkShake, May 29, 2006.

1. [May 29, 2006]
    Not had tints before.. would be grateful for advice!

Im NOT looking for blacked out 'pimp' style, but am considering something a little stronger than standard.

The car is an Atlas Grey A4 sport, standard sport bodykit, I think a medium tint should suit this well..

so:
    What do I look for?
    Whats the legal position? (I would prefer to be legal)
    Wheres a good place to get this done?(Southampton/Bournemouth area ideally)
    Can anyone post sample pics of different percentages?
    anyone already tinted an atlas grey a4 saloon?

Thank you!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. imported_G4JSG

imported_G4JSG Guest

[May 29, 2006]
    Legal position is you cannot have any further tint added to the front driver & passenger windows at all. If you do and get stopped you will get a £30 fine.

you can have any level on the rear windows.

I would say 50% on the fornt, if you want to take the risk. Then 30% on all other windows.

I have done this on my last 6 cars and they look great.

John
  4. [May 29, 2006]

hmmm.. ok, didnt know you couldnt tint the fronts! thanks for that!

this is the kind of look i was thinking of: A quick bit of photshoppery, according to which this should be about a 35% tint sides and rear..

[​IMG]

any comments?
  5. [May 30, 2006]
    any reccomendations for where to go to get this done?

Bournemouth / Southampton area ideally...
  6. dummi

dummi smoking a6

[May 31, 2006]
    that looks lighter than 35%, it looks almost 50% prefer that to 35% now even though i have 35% which i think after the initial few months doesn't look as classy as 50%
    i've had tints a year and a half on it i'm thinking of decreasing the fronts to 50% to stop future hastle