Tim's Max Power A3

just had a crack at my dogbone again but couldnt get the last bold off even snapped a spanner so its not budging :( sorted the 5th gear problem tho the metal block thing (not sure what it is) was hitting the underneath of the catch can so have raised it up and all good :)

Spent another day not training and car instead (falling back into bad habbits)

finally finished the wrap to a degree that im now happy with, im more than likely going to go all black at some point maybe around winter/next summer time but for now i love the new look, i do still have to sort my tints out but they don't bother me that much atm.

Reactions: westcoast a3 and kwistof
Looks so much better now all the shades of orange match.

Completely different from how it looked on page 1. Give yourself a big pat on the back - you should be proud you did that all yourself mate and for the first time! Wana see this in the metal/wrap now :beerchug:

Reactions: Tim_Attard
How was the sai pump to remove? You leave the bracket in place?

Cheers guys, sai was alot easier than it look tbh, yeah i left the bracket there as it was gonna be hassle to get it off and used it to cable tie the resistor/cables too however im not 100% i have done it right as there is a few hoses i have that went into it that i now have left and capped off for now

Update time, after having a map etc i need to get a FMIC and was the last engine mod on my list, i was going to go the welly cooler route with my own piping as i though it would give me better results and probably easier to fit, but i was also watching a purpose built toyosports one on eBay that came with n75, dv and map sensor already to go ended up getting it for £200 delivered so cant really complain its 64mm bore and i can always upgrade the core later on i was well happy till i came to fit it :/

Got delivered and didnt look that well packaged so was a bit worried

Got the box opened and was packaged well inside the outer box so all good, came with pipes, reducers, couplers, and clips all of which arernt the best quality but if i went forge for quality i paying and extra £400 so it does the job.

started by taking out the battery and filter etc to make room

took off the original boost pipe from the turbo and started to work it all in

hung the core in the center using two long bolts going straight through the crash bar

worked the drivers side up and it wouldn't fit with the head light in so had to really squeeze and move the pipes about till eventually had enough to grip it to the throttle body, it looks a bit bodged but it on there solid and would be amazed if it came off

atm the pipe is squashed up against my hid wires hoping it wont get hot enough to melt them.

worked the pipes from the turbo end and was again a tight squeze under the strut and above my oversized tip :/

ended up having to hack away at my heatshield as i didnt want to get rid of it :(

got a bit too trigger happy with the grinder :)

the hardest part was getting the pipe onto the core it was miles out so had to rework it again and finally got it... just

Dv and n75 connected up with a little trimming of the original hose's

Now ive just spent the whole morning trying to get the bumper on and it would not go, was miles out i think where i fit the core so far forward :( however as with the rest of the build thread i went the route that most people will find fugly :D. will take some pics tomorrow also need to sort out my exhaust as its blowing from the center clamp and a new gasket on the down pipe

Reactions: s33nyboy12 and JudderMan
I found the toyosport actually a3 kit a awful fit to get the bumper on I brought a 2.25 inch universal toyo sport kit and fits perfectly hidden behind the bumper bit late to say tho sorry bud

I found the toyosport actually a3 kit a awful fit to get the bumper on I brought a 2.25 inch universal toyo sport kit and fits perfectly hidden behind the bumper bit late to say tho sorry bud

2 25 UNIVERSAL INTERCOOLER KIT TYPE S 550x140x62MM 160 99

This one? Did you manage to keep your fogs? I can't quite see in your avatar.

@OP Tim, did you feel much difference after fitting the strut brace (and/or tyre wear?)? Do you have any others ie. rear brace and can you get a lower front and rear brace for A3s?

2 25 UNIVERSAL INTERCOOLER KIT TYPE S 550x140x62MM 160 99

This one? Did you manage to keep your fogs? I can't quite see in your avatar.

@OP Tim, did you feel much difference after fitting the strut brace (and/or tyre wear?)? Do you have any others ie. rear brace and can you get a lower front and rear brace for A3s?

did really notice any diffrence mainly as i fitted it as soon as i got it, i just liked the look of it to be honest. i dont have any others as i wouldnt imagine id feel any difference on the roads from my house to work, if i went down the track route i would tho.

Yeah the FMIC fitted horribly i dont dare upload a picture of it atm as not even i find it funny ha, currently working 7days a week and with training i have no time to fit it "nicely" have set aside the bank holiday to re do it tho hopefully going to fit the core further back and will fit better we will see.

Also thinking about changing the colour again, not sure weather to go "nice" and do all black or go for something funny like chrome or pink etc just for a month or two just to brighten up the world :D

Reactions: JudderMan
Come on Tim you've gotta post a pic just for comedy values lol

Haha i will do, im gonna re-do it on monday but will take a picture before hand and post it up as a before and after, but dont say i didnt warn you!

Reactions: s3dave
Lol you make me laugh mate nothing seems to put you off it's a great attitude to have dont you ever get fed up?

what would be the benefit of getting fed up? i do have days were i cant be ***** but why waste life after all i could die tomorrow. :)

Reactions: superkarl
Tim, go pink wrap mate, brighten the world up....... Then go matt white, then Kawasaki green, then maybe cadburys twirl purple followed by lamborgreeny ! :-D

Sean

Tim, go pink wrap mate, brighten the world up....... Then go matt white, then Kawasaki green, then maybe cadburys twirl purple followed by lamborgreeny ! :-D
Sean

Haha i have been thinking chrome or pink atm but they do an apple green which might be good ;)

Ha sorry mate i had to sort out the house as we are moving, but i will be doing it weds evening/Thursday so will get some up then

Got home from work around 8pm so started to take the bumper off and move the pipes around to get a better fit, stopped for the night now as i cant be ***** to carry on tonight and will finish off tomorrow but in the mean time here is a picture of what it looked like and what ive done to the bumper :( just for the banter, i have some rs6 type mesh which im hoping will look alright if not i will buy a new lower half.

Ok so finished it off this morning.

reworked the cold side, now it sits flush with the TB and is perfectly straight which i like.

made up some brackets to push the core back and up a bit which means the bumper also fits a lot better now.

as you can tell its not 100 straight this is because no matter how much i reworked the turbo side i couldn't get the pipe going to the core any further up, i think its because the 90 degree pipe that goes under the battery isn't really 90 :/

bumper back on and happy with the fit but not over the moon on how it looks so im going to keep my eye out for a cheap front bumper BUT this means if i replace the bumper i have to re-wrap the whole car (as i wont be able to match the shade) or just leave the lower half black like a standard a3 so im thinking it will stay like this for a while.

also my IAT's is reading at 28-32 degrees when i went for a drive ambient being 25 is that ok?

FOR SALE?

well unfortunalty after everything and finally getting it to a point where i was happy with it i know longer have a job to keep it going :/ awkward.... so im thinking about selling as i could do with getting a cheap car to run about in. im thinking around the 3k mark but am i pushing it abit there? do you guys think id be better to return it back to orginal colour?

Cheers for any advice be a pleasure guys :)

i would De wrap it YES

i got my daughters mint 04 8P up at £3500 1.6 sport low miles
no takers as of yet

would love too, but im looking around the £1k mark and a job in McDonald's :D haha

no i wasnt tyring to sell it you

i was pointing out there not selling very well at the min

Shame to sell after all your hard work mate.

Take the job at maccy D`s and start wrapping cars as a side business and keep the car :)

Reactions: Tim_Attard
Right so im pretty sure im sorted job wise but not rolling in it, so Ive put the car back to standard colour almost and will try and sell but not at a stupid price if it doesn't sell i will keep it and do a bit more work on it.
here is how it looks atm?

[URL=http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/Tim_Attard/media/IMG_20130915_153259_392_zpse87ff0e7.jpg.html][/URL]

If i keep it i think im gonna have to get a new turbo as im almost 100% its making a dogey noise.

new lower part of the front bumper
Battery relocation
move the air filter and heat shield to the battery spot with custom heat sheild
18's with winter tyres
Spacers
Paint/Polish Engine bay + tidy

ta yeah i agree it looks nice, this was without a wash too so looking forward to better weather to give it a good go, also think im gonna spray the gauge holders black