Tim's Max Power A3

haha new people would love it :p yeah did l9ook at plasti but i like the idea of it reversible if i didn't like it etc, however spray painting is something i am good at (or i like to think i am)

roof done finally didn't come out smooth at all has a few wrinkles in it but i was getting to angry.

haha na i dont like waiting, im all about DIY so will be doing it myself costing about £75 for the wrap and another £20 for tools, magnets etc, ive booked 9 days off work as i work 7 days a week so hopefully will be enough time thinking i can do it in 3 full days. keeping the colour a secret ;) near paddock wood, im thinking of doing the wheel all black when i do the wrap

Looks good mate, how much was the vinyl wrap film?

read full thread :)

Sean

Reactions: kwistof and Tim_Attard
ha i wish i knew plasti was able to be peeled off oh well, i have the vinyl now

day two of vinyl.

wings were really quite easy, alot easier than i thought they would be so this made me happy

i poped the side light out to make it easier but then lost it :/ so had to take the inner trim out and found a unholy amount of dirt behind it so glad thats clean now

then did the rear

mess up a bit on the corners, i have fixed it up a bit better now, but im thinking about masking off the top and roof and plasti the roof rails and the bottom of the spoiler bit

what are you useing for heat

P.s. In the real world id say choose between black or silver for the wheels. But on this planet im gonna suggest you do the centre caps orange

Reactions: Prawn
thats a good idea, im gonna redo them all black and maybe try the centre caps oragne can always go black after :) and i was using a heat gun but it decided to just stop working, checked the fuse and was fine so swapped to my mothers hairdryer :/ ive already broken 2 before hopefully this one lasts ha

ordered two cans of plasti dip :)

decided to go slightly two tone ;)

there will be no blue but im just waiting on a new delivery of vinyl as ran out, the idea is spraying around the windows black, and the bumpers i will spray electric orange (focus rs) as its the closest i can find that match's it.

I'd love to see this in the flesh

well i ordered more vinyl for the doors and tail gate but they have ran out of stock so have to wait a week :/ dont want to chance getting it from somewhere else due to the colour.

so i decided to paint the bumpers and my attempt failed and its £150 to get them done

the closest match i found was electric orange (focus rs) no it dose not look it in the picture but its identical colour... or so i thought

sprayed it after sanding and white primer etc

and ended up with this....

:think:

so i stopped let it bake in the sun hoping it will go darker and match the actual color its supposed to be, and in the mean time i used my remaining plasti dip and did my exhaust

went back and fitted the bumper

:mad:

RAWR
so now i have 2 options either i spray it black and have that color scheme but think it wont look anywhere near as good or pay for it to be wrapped.

on the plus the exhaust looks good i think

and for some reason im am incapable of remembering to put these bits back on before fitting the bumper do it everytime

next up in the next week while i wait for vinyl oil change and fitting my tip

Just wait for the vinyl dude.

ST orange is way different to that (mrs has one), they also have a red primer i think under the orange colour.

hmm i might have another go with a red primer this time then its got to be better even if its not spot on

Is this thread serious? The car is now 3 different colours and your on about primering the bumper cuz you can't wrap it just get it wrapped it will look awful like the st orange does now just my opinion

Is this thread serious? The car is now 3 different colours and your on about primering the bumper cuz you can't wrap it just get it wrapped it will look awful like the st orange does now just my opinion

yeah fair point, i hate paying people to do a job tho, but think i will have to bite the bullet. was only thinking of spraying it again as its so easy and cheapish.

i havnt looked into tbh as im assuming it will either be close to or more money and also the vinyl has a matt finish so they will probably charge a bit more for paint (only a guess tho)

Who cares what anyone else thinks Tim, its your car, and its orange, so its got to be a winner. Orange is awesome.

Did you fancy selling that front bumper that won't fit? Where abouts in Kent are you mate?

Reactions: voorhees
Don't listen to him Tim, at least you didn't get your car turned down by one of the biggest tuners in the country.

You're my hero, I'm proud of you. And your attitude is ****ing epic, not an ounce of negativity. Keep up the good work, you'll get there.

:beerchug:

HAHA cheers guys, whats the point in being negative the world is full of banter :D cant wait to do the doors and tailgate least then it will be almost there.

prawn yeah will pm you

some parts of the vinyl looks like you've done a fair job tbh, just redo the ugly bits when the new stock turns up, but spraying parts which you ran out of vinyl for was a silly idea tho :faint: like Karl says, it'll never match, id have put the money in my fuel tank haha :racer:

ha yeah spraying it wasn't one of my best ideas, my heat gun is back working noe so hopefully should be alright

Na she stole it off me apparently needed it for some kind of hair thing who knows so managed to fix my heat gun 500 degrees ftw

Reactions: kwistof
Not happy this morning, woke up to find this...

not sure how this happened, and now in a dilema of do i wrap it and try and match it up to the line, take the wrap off the rear panel and do it all in one go i.e. have to buy more or get more plasti dip and try again?

not sure it was unless it happened at work yesterday as i live in the middle of no where, probably my bad plasti dipping ha

Not seen that before.

Did you clean the panel fully?
Was it a hot day or night?
Any sign of people playing about with it or animals walking on it that could have teared it?

full clean and clay bar before, no obvious signs or anything about guess was just a random one off well hopping so gonna get more and respray it, gonna do more coats and let it bond more too i think see how it goes

full clean and clay bar before, no obvious signs or anything about guess was just a random one off well hopping so gonna get more and respray it, gonna do more coats and let it bond more too i think see how it goes

De-wax and polish it. make sure there is nothing on it that would stop it from sticking.

Do as many coats as you can and as evenly as possible.

I assume you're using the rattle cans?

Reactions: S88 YRS
yeah i am, gonna order another 2 cans as i still need to do a little on the doors and that way i can just do alot of layers

yeah i am, gonna order another 2 cans as i still need to do a little on the doors and that way i can just do alot of layers

Cars looking good mate! read through from start till finish at first i didnt like the colour but the more i look the more i like it! :)

Go over all of the painted areas with Iron-X and wash with boiled water which has been left to cool to strip back to paint.

It will remove any fall out as well as any products previously applied and if you follow the instructions the paint and clear coat will stay perfectly safe.