1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time keeps resetting on A3 clocks...???

xs2man Jun 9, 2010

1. xs2man

xs2man Member

Hi guys,

Having a small problem with my A3. The time on the clocks sometimes goes dodgy. Not all the time, but at least 3 times now I have had to reset the time. Any ideas what could cause this?

2. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

have you checked for discharge on your battery i may be misinterpreting your post though, what about a vag come check?

3. Gee.

Gee. The Dynasty

Same happens to mine. Sometimes the clock digits go all random, but when it does actually show properly; I set the right time, and then it resets again when I start the car up.

4. SAiLO

SAiLO Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Weak battery?

5. Mick a3

Mick a3 Mellow Yellow

Most likely to be the battery, Happened with mine and eventually it got to the point the alarm kept going off. Stuck a new battery in it an had no problems since.

My battery was almost 7 years old.

6. sulaiman

sulaiman Member

do you have an after market hid kit fitted? if so move the ballast away from the battery and that will solve the resetting clocks problem.

7. xs2man

xs2man Member

No after-market HID's so that's okay. She has been struggling a little to start recently, and the glow-plugs were changed last year, so shouldn't be that, so I did suspect the battery. Shame, don't really want to shell out on a new one. Just put on a heap of tax, bought new tyres and discs/pads, and I'm wanting to sell the darned thing...

8. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Get the better Varta Ultra Dynamic version from Audi mate, much better than the Varta Blue version that they fit & it only cost me £70 last year where as others were quoting £130.