1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for winter wellies

kevbu Oct 21, 2010

1. kevbu

kevbu Member

I think its time to swap to my winter tyres, but I dont have wheels to put them on :ermm:

I have 205/50 16s on some Saab alloys and these obviously wont fit the Audi, so what I'm after is some cheap 16" alloys or steelies in correct fitment.

My question is what fitment am I looking for? and if Im looking on e'bay what other searches will work ie Im thinking golf skoda?

:cold:

2. Dsport

Dsport Active Member

5 x 112 is the fitment your looking for.

3. matttrs

matttrs Member

anything audi vw merc from the last 6-7 years should fit, merc wheels would need spigot ring adaptors but they are a couple of quid. the're all 5x112 want offsets around 45 or less.

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

A decent set of Trapez like THESE would be ideal, standard fit on lot's of A4;s so won't look out of place, a nice looking wheel, oem quality and plentiful as most people tend to upgrade to 18's.

5. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

as per James' comment - those are perfect - I upgraded from the 16's to 18" S4 wheels and put Vredestein Wintracs on the origianl 16" Sport Trapez wheels and they work a treat!

6. kevbu

kevbu Member

Thanks chaps, Ill keep an eye out for a set of them nearer home. I would bid for those ones, but collection only and too far away.
    Idealy without tyres too.

7. fourcircle

fourcircle nj

ah yes. especially wrapped in studded Pirellis
    [​IMG]

8. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Snows building up then Noel! Get that mini cam out ;)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  9. fourcircle

fourcircle nj

oh yes. I'll have the mini camera on the front and we'll see if Gabe's driving has improved over the last year (my 3 year old son)
    Sorry for the tangent