Time for new tyres which ones ?

tri3hrs

Reaction score
Ok its time for new tyres for my A3 2.0 tsfi quattro
not overly impressed with the originals 12000 miles on the front
So what are people using and recommending and why ?

My car fitted with Goodyear Efficient Grips when bought 2nd hand.
They had about 6mm tread. After 4k miles treads about 5.5mm.

Michelin all day long... Done 10k miles on mine and still got over 5mm tread left on them. You must run them at the correct pressures though otherwise you will reduce the life considerably!

Hi sorry for the long delay in posting been very busy currently fitted with continental sport contact 2.Not overtly happy with the grip and most definetly not happy about the wear particularly on the front.From the few comment looks like a set of michelins then but which ones

You have to trade off grip with longivety, can't have both. Tyres are a personal thing and all of us have our preferences, think back to the tyres you liked on a previous car and stick with them, if they still make them.

just had 4 toyo prox's t1r fitted £400, they grip just aswel as the potenza's i had on before, not sure if they will last as long though.

Ok its time for new tyres for my A3 2.0 tsfi quattro
not overly impressed with the originals 12000 miles on the front
So what are people using and recommending and why ?

I've run Michelin PS2's for the last 5/6 years and swear by them.
Will probably give the new Conti SC5 a stab next as the Michelins have been discontinued.
It depends what your after and how much you want to spend.
You get what you pay for with Toyo/Falken etc. Cheapish tyres with cheapish performance.
People look for different things from their tyres.
I'd be happy with 12k from a set tbh.
I got 17k from my last set after rotating them front to back to keep roughly the same rolling radius at all times.

just had 4 toyo prox's t1r fitted £400, they grip just aswel as the potenza's i had on before, not sure if they will last as long though.

Good choice, I've had plenty of these on other cars, They don't last long though as they are a softish compound, especially on high tourque cars which I think yours is.